Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you were about to turn the corner with the team but after last week you have had a relapse.
Doesn't look good since last week was their bye week. I think they may be their QB back Saturday. I dread seeing what that big nose guard will do. Surely Trey will have to play Guard in order to help Kennedy out with him. That means we are going to have real trouble all night long with our tackles.
If going to be the fight of our lives. We have to have the running game but I fear for the worse. Ky is going to be looking at putting a hurtin on us. You can see why Pruitt didn't want to talk about a bowl game in the Wednesay presser.
My thoughts exactly!

Dude you always twist sh!t in the weirdest ways. CJP would be an idiot to talk about a bowl game instead of focusing on the task at hand. You'd be the first one to go ballistic.
I had to put him on ignore. He never has anything positive to say about the team and I just get tired of the negative stuff. I tried just passing by his posts but then everyone quotes him. This is just better for me.

Reactions: Skizer41
I thought you were about to turn the corner with the team but after last week you have had a relapse.
Doesn't look good since last week was their bye week. I think they may be their QB back Saturday. I dread seeing what that big nose guard will do. Surely Trey will have to play Guard in order to help Kennedy out with him. That means we are going to have real trouble all night long with our tackles.
If going to be the fight of our lives. We have to have the running game but I fear for the worse. Ky is going to be looking at putting a hurtin on us. You can see why Pruitt didn't want to talk about a bowl game in the Wednesay presser.
LOL come on man... Have you looked at Kentucky's defensive stats? Their opponents have a field day running the ball against them every game. I think every team they've played just about has had a 150+ yard rusher in that game. We should be able to establish the run early and hopefully with maurer in kill them with the RPO's. Any who is worried or afraid of kentucky hasn't spent much time studying them. Go look at who they've beat in their 4 wins. no one. They lack talent on both sides and our defense is playing at very high level right now. Yes we're banged up but they just don't have the juice to beat us at this point in the season. period.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
So Chase Young suspended indefinitely? Anyone know exactly why?
OSU board - took money from agent

"I heard on Tuesday from a reliable source that he would be ruled ineligible for the rest of the season..

goodness I was hoping not true... but it looks like it may be gaining steam and announcement coming today ..."

Aka Saban starting to pull out all his aces. Next comes Joe Burrow dirt...

Marriage retreat this weekend. It will be nice, but I’ll miss the game and hope to avoid the score till Sunday night when I can catch the YT Tv. Bama vs LSU also out for me.

The things I do for love

Does this mean you wont be monitoring liquid calories ?

I'm bullish on the Vols winning tomorrow. The only pause for concern is the health of our Tackles on the Offensive Line. If we can keep our QBs upright, I have confidence that we'll execute enough to get the win.

It is like getting a colonoscopy, a root canal, and kidney stones removed...all at the same time...with no anesthetic.
I'm not knocking you for your comment, but found it funny because you were railing on someone the other day for their hyperbolic comments.

This has been Chaneys go to play call especially in the Redzone and he’s been creative about disguising it.

Jennings has been running these double moves that turn into inside verts. Caught one for TD vs SC, was open for a TD for one vs UAB. Here are the two plays diagramed:

1573224844076.gif

This is the one vs SC. We had been dragging him in this four verticals plays all day so it was a great time to use this.

I really like this next design that we did vs UAB. We went 11 personnel (which i don’t think we should ever get out of). Motion the RB to show man with a small pump screen. We also stacked Pope and Jennings, they do a cross release where Jennings starts his route under pope. so they can’t press or jam at that point. Jennings does an out and up and is open but ball is just late.

1573225164786.gif

So *PREDICTION TIME*

Jennings is going to score off a outside variation of this play vs Uk where he will either run a squirrel route (3 moves, If pass pro holds up, will go out, up, and out... probably over top of a short out or hook for a Hi/Low action)
1573225509169.gif
Or
We could run a Shock concept where he’s going corner route over top of short Ins like this.
1573225620904.gif

Take it to the bank.

Last edited:
LOL come on man... Have you looked at Kentucky's defensive stats? Their opponents have a field day running the ball against them every game. I think every team they've played just about has had a 150+ yard rusher in that game. We should be able to establish the run early and hopefully with maurer in kill them with the RPO's. Any who is worried or afraid of kentucky hasn't spent much time studying them. Go look at who they've beat in their 4 wins. no one. They lack talent on both sides and our defense is playing at very high level right now. Yes we're banged up but they just don't have the juice to beat us at this point in the season. period.
Bump this post after the game Saturday. I hope I have to eat crow but some of you all are way off on this one. Gonna be a tough one for sure.

This has been Chaneys go to play call especially in the Redzone and he’s been creative about disguising it.

Jennings has been running these double moves that turn into inside verts. Caught one for TD vs SC, was open for a TD for one vs UAB. Here are the two plays diagramed:

View attachment 236754

This is the one vs SC. We had been dragging him in this four verticals plays all day so it was a great time to use this.

I really like this next design that we did vs UAB. We went 13 personnel (which i don’t think we should ever get out of). Motion the RB to show man with a small pump screen. We also stacked Pope and Jennings, they do a cross release where Jennings starts his route under pope. so they can’t press or jam at that point. Jennings does an out and up and is open but ball is just late.

View attachment 236757

So *PREDICTION TIME*

Jennings is going to score off a outside variation of this play vs Uk where he will either run a squirrel route (3 moves, If pass pro holds up, will go out, up, and out... probably over top of a short out or hook for a Hi/Low action)
View attachment 236759
Or
We could run a Shock concept where he’s going corner route over top of short ins or outs like this.
View attachment 236761

Take it to the bank.

That’s 11 personnel. 13 is 3 tight ends. That’s a neat diagram tool tho.

I'm bullish on the Vols winning tomorrow. The only pause for concern is the health of our Tackles on the Offensive Line. If we can keep our QBs upright, I have confidence that we'll execute enough to get the win.
Defense keeps playing like they have, UK may not score. Not sure what the O/U is, but I'd probably take the under. Stoops is smart enough to make whomever our QB is do what they're not good at, which is working the ball down the field. Hopefully our running game shows up like it has

This is an excellent point. Looking at you Will Wade

And Bill Self. Bilas is usually spot on with this kind of stuff about how bad the NCAA is. Mark Cuban should swoop in and create a P5 only version of the NCAA, he'd make a fortune and everyone would be happier with the NCAA out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back