Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tank was knocking the piss out of people. Really a lot of our guys had that mentality last night. We were probably going to lose but they were going to feel like they were in a fight the next day and I bet bama does. Several dudes laying shots

sorry, I keep forgetting-- who is "Tank"?

Public Service Announcement

Next year we have a bye week before we play Alabama.

Meanwhile....

Alabama plays seven consecutive weeks without a bye before traveling to Knoxville.

Alabama plays 4 SEC games in 5 weeks before traveling to Knoxville. (UGA, Kent State, @Ole Miss, @ Arkansas, Miississippi State, @tennessee)

Oh, and next year, Tua Tagliavowels, Jerry Jeudy, Najee Harris, and many others will be in the NFL.

Tennessee defeats Alabama next season, and the years of that being considered a guaranteed loss will be over.
I will be at the game....LORD willing and the creek don't rise.

I have seen terrible officiating in my many years, but never with such a blatant, agenda driven bias as what we witnessed last night.

The S.E.C. needs to get a handle on this and heads should roll. Just one prime example is the timeout which was called for the Gumps by a ref when we were in the Wildcat. That instance alone should be enough to fire an official. A referee interjecting himself on belhalf of a team is totally unacceptable and should not be allowed to stand with impunity.

Was it just me or was the majority of it from the side judge that called the play clock stop. He also never signaled touchdown for Maurer, poor spot of the ball and the phantom holding.

At the VERY least we should have every right to decline ANY of the officials from last night, getting to officiate the game next year at UT... just throw up the 8-10 blatant examples on video and you can easily make your case.

Last night was honestly the worst I've seen because it was sustained throughout the entire game... It wasn't just here and there... it was small no calls, not giving us the proper yardage marks, and huge phantom timeouts, roughing the passer, phantom holding, and no calls on bama... horrible. There should be more than enough on tape to submit to the NCAA.... yes the NCAA and NOT the SEC--- they won't do 'ish.

Was it just me or was the majority of it from the side judge that called the play clock stop. He also never signaled touchdown for Maurer, poor spot of the ball and the phantom holding.
Yes. It was the umpire, who was a young looking guy. He also wouldn’t throw a flag when the back judge threw a flag from 20 yards away, on the PI actually called against Callaway when the CB was mauling him.

You're not wrong...I just don't see how they can go back to him. I couldn't.

Would take a helluva meeting with JG individually and a helluva team meeting to follow.

Could happen. Cjp has had his back all season. Will probably continue to, publicly like last night in the post game. Don't blame him for that at all.

It's one thing to call out the team like he's done in the past... Entirely another to start calling out individuals...

I've seen Shrout practice. He doesn't have Maurer's moxie or JG's experience, but he has a strong arm and a quick release. He has potential, but he's only had a few series of game reps in two years. I'd ride with him at least a quarter or two and see what he could do. And I'd seriously consider ways to use JJ more, if Maurer can't go Saturday.

JG looks completely broken. A lot of time has been invested trying to build him up, manage him and make him serviceable. How do they know Shrout couldn't do more if given half a chance? We need a reliable backup and who and how good that backup can be could decide our season.

I will not say another negative thing about this team. They were ready to play and coaches have had them ready and getting better. We may still have some slip ups along the way but they are playing hard and can play with anyone. I believe if Maurer plays all year we are a totally different team. Beat USCjr

I've seen Shrout practice. He doesn't have Maurer's moxie or JG's experience, but he has a strong arm and a quick release. He has potential, but he's only had a few series of game reps in two years. I'd ride with him at least a quarter or two and see what he could do. And I'd seriously consider ways to use JJ more, if Maurer can't go Saturday.

JG looks completely broken. A lot of time has been invested trying to build him up, manage him and make him serviceable. How do they know Shrout couldn't do more if given half a chance? We need a reliable backup and who and how good that backup can be could decide our season.
Agreed. I couldn't go back to JG

Reactions: UTSuave’
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back