Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
But when he catches it, it's usually a good gain. We just need to be more efficient. He has one of the worst catching percentages on the team. Erik Ainge and Brian Rice actually went over everyones percentages after I brought it up to them on Mondays 2nd hour, if you wanted to pull it up and listen.

The thing is catching% doesn't differentiate between drops and bad throws. He actually only has 1 drop on 17 targets. The Dog himself has 1 every 16 targets this year. Chandler has a whopping 2 drops on only 8 targets. Now that's bad.

Does anybody know where to park for cheap on Saturday? I would like to park at Market Square, but I won’t be getting there until around 9:30-10:00, so I’m not sure if that will still be available or not.

Does anybody know where to park for cheap on Saturday? I would like to park at Market Square, but I won’t be getting there until around 9:30-10:00, so I’m not sure if that will still be available or not.

state street garage usually has spots and you can still walk right over to the square.

Wouldn’t expect a big crowd for a noon game in the rain. You might be fine.

I’m talking about the ranking..we have unknowns but still..I think we will surprise a lot of people just because of the leadership we have still in place on the team.
Thought 22nd was pretty kind. Don't see how our big men stand much of a chance. Think we'll hold our own as a mid tier sec team, but I'd happy with any route to March Madness. Idk if we make it. 50/50

View attachment 230318

I saw this still photo from last week's game and nearly dropped my Wild Turkey on the rocks. Some of the more knowledgeable aficionados can correct me here, but it has been a coon's age since I have noticed Tennessee use a pulling guard (Trey Smith) in the run game. Since Kiffin perhaps?

I'll be honest, I have no clue the intricacies of OL play but I wanted to thank you for posting this image. From an aesthetic point of view, it's just a great sports photo -- the kind of thing where if you were doing a sports painting for any school you'd use as reference. It just screams, "The Boys of Fall." Props to the photographer and thanks for sharing it.

Reactions: Type Orange+
The thing is catching% doesn't differentiate between drops and bad throws. He actually only has 1 drop on 17 targets. The Dog himself has 1 every 16 targets this year. Chandler has a whopping 2 drops on only 8 targets. Now that's bad.
But iirc those two were a space shot from Cape Kennedy at a distance of 10 ft. in game 1, and the other was a rocket into his knees when he had all day running room on the first play at FL.

I'm with you. Barnes isn't the third or fourth highest paid coach in the country to go to the NIT. He needs to be in the tournament year in and year out IMO.
I think his recruiting rn more than makes up for an excused rebuild year. I'd rather have multiple 5*s incoming and an NIT run than an ncaa 10-seed knocked out game 1 and 3 3*s coming in to develop for 3 seasons. The hype for the next couple years is going to be awesome. I can sit through one meh year.

But iirc those two were a space shot from Cape Kennedy at a distance of 10 ft. in game 1, and the other was a rocket into his knees when he had all day running room on the first play at FL.
Lol I'll never tire of hearing JG fastball descriptions. Where in the world he even picked that up over the offseason boggles my mind

Reactions: Pane di mais
In his 1942 essay The Myth of Sisyphus, Camus wrote that “All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning. Great works are often born on a street corner or in a restaurant's revolving door.” 15 years later Richard Wayne Penniman wrote “Wop bop a loo bop a wop bam boom”, an undeniably powerful vocalization that on any given Wednesday in any given situation, civilized or otherwise, is still fully capable of setting somebody’s stuff aflame.

Children’s Hospital. It’s a decent walk but all the money stays at the hospital for the kids.

MSU gives up 29 a game, we need to score 30+ this game.

Even if we manage to hold them to 14 or less, I really hope we're executing well enough to steam roll them a bit. For the fans and players alike, a win would be huge....a dominating win though, oh man BIG TIME forward momentum.

MSU likely gets back a DT and LB that are producers. The rest of their suspended players are non-contributors. I expect their defense to be better against us than they have been in prior games.

MSU likely gets back a DT and LB that are producers. The rest of their suspended players are non-contributors. I expect their defense to be better against us than they have been in prior games.

Louisiana
Southern Miss
Kansas State
Kentucky
Auburn

That's who they've played and given up 28.8 PPG to though, 3 of them were home games too.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
MSU gives up 29 a game, we need to score 30+ this game.

Even if we manage to hold them to 14 or less, I really hope we're executing well enough to steam roll them a bit. For the fans and players alike, a win would be huge....a dominating win though, oh man BIG TIME forward momentum.
We haven’t scored more than 30 points on an SEC team since Vanderbilt 11/26/2016.

Needing that in order to win is a bad omen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back