Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other schools aren’t afraid to do it. Phil is stubborn. I’m sure he loves the Vols and wants us to win but he just doesn’t want to admit he’s wrong. Pruitt is done. Phil is part of the problem.
I'll repeat. Most of us don't know all of the factors going on behind the scenes. Takes money and a lot of it to make the moves you're clamoring for. How do you know Phil hasn't been told by the boosters he won't have the money available to make the best hire if he fires Pruitt?

What you see as stubborn might actually be necessity. I bleed orange. I despise losing; however, a person has to be able to look at a situation objectively and realize we don't have all the information.

Caring about winning doesn’t equate to being capable of winning.

A 1st time Athletic director hiring a 1st time head coach at a blue blood school should never happen. NEVER.
No one disputes that but you can't polish the turd of a coaching search that was dropped in his lap either.

I'll repeat. Most of us don't know all of the factors going on behind the scenes. Takes money and a lot of it to make the moves you're clamoring for. How do you know Phil hasn't been told by the boosters he won't have the money available to make the best hire if he fires Pruitt?

What you see as stubborn might actually be necessity. I bleed orange. I despise losing; however, a person has to be able to look at a situation objectively and realize we don't have all the information.

Good post--the financial impact alone is often overlooked by the fans. A lot of posters seem to assume that Phil will just pay a visit to the money tree behind the Football Complex and have enough to cover both Pruitt's buyout and pay for Freeze. Add in the AD's financial losses from COVID this year (including men's basketball), and the unknown of how the 2021 football season will play out, and there's a lot to make even the most seasoned AD wary.

That said, I firmly believe that if this was a normal football season, Pruitt would be fired.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

Playing JG is the most stubborn thing I’ve ever seen.

Keep the faith. He is not as safe as AV wants portrayed. He is doing damage control since recruits read these boards. Wait until our homes games and we are getting slaughtered. I think they want to paint a better picture to get through ESD and not lose a ton of recruits.

I really would not want you anywhere near me on a team, in a game, in a war, or even at work. You may be like some of these kids on the team who lay down and quit mid game. I played on teams that got their teeth kicked in and never took a play off. Just had this convo with my son. Even if you are down 10-0 in a baseball game or 20 points in a basketball game and in life, you never stop competing. You always give 100 percent. Not saying Pruitt is going to make it but you seem to actually be cheering for Pruitt not to turn it around. Until he's not our coach any longer, I hope we don't get slaughtered and have hope Bailey is as ready as he can be and it does make a difference. I agree with a lot of what you are saying on this board but it has not seemed to have got to the point you want us to lose and lose big just to get rid of him. What happens will happen. However, I am still hoping for us to win the next three games regardless if I expect to do so. I just can't have a loser mentality.

It could happen. That’s why posters keep talking about him. Our administration just likes losing. For a fan who’s so unbothered by all things UT football anymore you sure are whining and griping a lot about the topic.

Fulmer, Boyd, and Plowman and people who put money into this program do not like losing. Trying to fix 0-8 when you have no talent and top coaches not wanting to come here is not easy. Pruitt is failing and how much is due to Covid or not Covid can be discussed forever but to think the administration likes losing. Some of the **** is getting ridiculous and is getting to Pruitt level fandom. Buckle up little buttercups. Whatever happens will happen and you piss moaning all the time is not good for your mental health.

Then Baily must not be as all t ahat as you say he is.

I'm still not convinced he starts or even plays. If he does is he going to be pulled the first time he makes a FR mistake? We aren't stopping UF or A&M with our defense and both will put up close to 50. We aren't going to outscore them.

Reactions: Vols4us
Who’s more done? The people saying they’re done with UT football or the people saying they’re done the people saying they’re done?
The people saying they are done with football. Not even close. I get the frustration and the passion to want to be the best. I also agree we have the worst administration in sports, but it just gets tiresome to listen to the bitching constantly.

Fulmer, Boyd, and Plowman and people who put money into this program do not like losing. Trying to fix 0-8 when you have no talent and top coaches not wanting to come here is not easy. Pruitt is failing and how much is due to Covid or not Covid can be discussed forever but to think the administration likes losing. Some of the **** is getting ridiculous and is getting to Pruitt level fandom. Buckle up little buttercups. Whatever happens will happen and you piss moaning all the time is not good for your mental health.
Did covid beat us 34-7? Oh sorry that was trash Kentucky who lost to Bama by 60. I’m sure they don’t like losing but they aren’t prioritizing winning that’s for sure. Phil should have stepped in and told Pruitt rolling with JG and being unwilling to adapt isn’t going to win him games. Part of me does believe with a good QB the season would be much different and Pruitt would succeed. I was VERY high on Pruitt going into this year and early this season and you can look back at my posts saying as much. His unwillingness to get a backup QB any reps were when I started to turn. HB could have played the whole second half of Bama but he kept JG in. Could have played him against UK. Didn’t. I wasn’t out until recently. Pruitt has major red flags as an HC. I think he knows football but he’s made his own bed by trotting out the same ole QB every game. Many fans would still be upset with losses but if you put in another QB it shows you’re at least trying to figure things out and he hasn’t done that.

Maybe I’m wrong, but fair weather fans popped smoke years ago. Those of us that are left really care and, rightfully so, don’t feel it is being reciprocated. I have a hard time believing this can’t be fixed to a minimum point where we can beat GSU and KY at a place like Tennessee with the resources here.

Us who donate and have season tickets have been buckled up buttercups for over a decade now. Something stinks and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of guff to go get it fixed by those that can.

No one likes losing, sure, but I firmly believe the administration can live with it as long as revenue continues and people still get their paychecks.

I know your connected in some way. Make sure to tell Fulmer and Pruitt congrats on their extensions and guaranteed contracts.

Not true. They planned to sign more than 25 all along. And we are losing more and some will not be ones we want gone. You keep keep believing everything is ok but the truth is we are more of a joke now than when we had Butch. We are getting our doors blown off every week and you want to keep this staff. We have fired/lost numerous assistants every year under our head coach. Eventually it becomes a head coach problem and not an assistants problem. This class is going to get worse and we are going to get blown out again this week. But, by all means, let’s keep this coach and continue to be mediocre. We need to remember we are Tennessee and start acting like it. It’s not hard to win here. We have made terrible hires.

Now bring me Freeze, Chadwell, Napier, Healy, or Fleck. Any will win here.

If he loses this class then he will be gone. Let's see it happen first. Hope you are not on the trail recruiting for us. That would not be helpful keeping it intact.

You think as an athlete I gave two ***** who came? Lmao

Like you really think I’m thinking about fans coming to the game during all that? Lmao you got me ****ed up
They want people there. Unlike you, they seem to give a crap about something. Make fun of them all you want. Find something better to do with your time. We get it. You're done . You don't care. Prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back