Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug Mathews focusing on the positives from last night and just said no change at HC now and will possibly get next year or more. Said there would be staff changes. Turned it off as he is merely spewing CPF stance. Hope admin likes seeing half full (if that) stadium next year.
Let's see what he's saying after a loss to vandy

Anyone think Hugh Freeze might have a hard time recruiting with his past? I'm sure the negative recruiting would be through the roof and how many mommas control their son's decisions? I do like the character of Pruitt's recruits. Now we just need to play them.

African prayer candles go a long way on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Doug Mathews focusing on the positives from last night and just said no change at HC now and will possibly get next year or more. Said there would be staff changes. Turned it off as he is merely spewing CPF stance. Hope admin likes seeing half full (if that) stadium next year.

Next year or more? Lmao. Yeah let’s just keep Pruitt around through 2024. If he works like heck we can win 4 games in a season!

That means nothing

More staff changes, we have changed numerous assistants every year! When will they learn that this is a Pruitt issue?!?! I hope they enjoy a 50% Neyland stadium next year. If Pruitt isn’t fired soon, then Fulmer needs to be fired too. Go get Liberty’s AD and Freeze. This program is a joke.

I know it was touched on in the game thread, and maybe here? I skipped quite a bit in lieu of raising my BP this morning.
Wtf up with JG pouting when HB drove down and scored?! Zero excitement in his face, and then the Drive-By half ass fist bump.
That pissed me off more than anything last night!

Only team in the country keeping their coach for going 2-8. Glad everyone likes to suck.

It’s funny how we hear all these excuses why, and just to be patient, blah, blah. I refuse to hear/listen to another bull **** excuse from any insider. Tell me something, we refuse to be good or hire good coaches, why? Every other sport seems be on the up and up, but football, we just hear excuses, we refuse to be good and it’s the same thing over and over.

Positives? In a 5th straight loss?

Reactions: StoVol
Crowd control

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I feel like the whole “we’re Freeze’s dream school” has us out for blood. What if the decision makers think he shouldn’t be hired due to his baggage (a real possibility)? Would we still be as excited for a change if it’s not Freeze? Who would we hire? Do we think Coastal Carolina’s coach is going to come in and beat Florida and Bama?

I feel like the whole “we’re Freeze’s dream school” has us out for blood. What if the decision makers think he shouldn’t be hired due to his baggage (a real possibility)? Would we still be as excited for a change if it’s not Freeze? Who would we hire? Do we think Coastal Carolina’s coach is going to come in and beat Florida and Bama?
There’s legitimate coaching options out there. UT just needs to identify the 3 guys they want to interview and hire one. No damn circus

I’m not ready to anoint Bailey the future savior but he is obviously the more talented QB on current roster and inexcusable that he hasn’t started since Arkansas. Wasted weeks of reps on a proven loser. The Greg McElroy excuses were making me sick. JG hasn’t had a supporting cast? Wtf are you smoking? He has had a supporting cast the past two years now on offense. More Pruitt excuses for why he trots out JG meanwhile throwing his other players who actually do their job under the bus.

Back to Bailey. He clearly has the best natural pocket presence of any of our QBs. He moves in the pocket better than captain 5 yr QB. JG I don’t even know wtf his stare into space like he has nobody rushing him move is but it’s interception city everytime.

One fear was mobility but Bailey looks plenty mobile to be successful and really his instincts are what help him. He knows when to get out by feeling the pressure. Not always about speed but about timing.

Bailey has sort of a weird throwing motion but I see that he throws a very catchable ball. He actually attempts to throw people open by leading them. Keyton and Callaway probably had tds on last drive or big plays if keyton catches it and Callaway would have been looking.
I kept telling everyone he wasn't a statue. He had a terrible OL his 1st three years of high school and could have been sacked virtually every time he dropped back. He was excellent at moving around the pocket and delivering the ball though. He would stand in there knowing he was going to get drilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back