Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everyone is well. @InVOLuntary someone on the board told me about about your mother. I was so sorry to hear that. What a tough road that was--for her and your family.

For anyone who cares-- Pruitt was hired with the implicit agreement that he would be given five years. There was consensus that UT couldn’t afford to make another coaching change in less than five years and that the new HC needed five years to rebuild a badly damaged program. Pruitt was Fulmer’s guy, and his hiring came with the expectation-- and assurance-- that Fulmer would use his experience to help Pruitt scale the learning curve, and together they could return UT to respectability within five years. If not, then UT would be recruiting well and be in a good position to make the necessary changes.

Pruitt wasn’t ready for a job as big, difficult and demanding as UT’s. Being a great DC doesn't make him good enough at the many facets of the HC job and he won’t be good enough for a while, if ever. Many donors and board members felt that UT should hire an experienced HC for a massive rebuild with high expectations and an impatient fanbase. Fulmer went way out on a limb for Pruitt, and UT unified behind him. Pruitt has been a disappointment and he’s a divisive personality. He’s pissed off a lot of people, so UT is no longer unified.

The easy solution is what needs to be done eventually is best done immediately. But Sexton negotiated a sweetheart deal for Pruitt, and Fulmer doubled down. Fulmer is tied to Pruitt, so don’t expect him to do anything except publicly stand behind this coaching staff. And don't expect a lot of donors to be okay with that.

Buying out assistants with longer-term contracts would be throwing money at the wrong solution. Either fix the problem or ride it out another year or two.
1605150323353.gif

Also it kinda confirms what Ive thought about Pruitt for a bit and makes me want him gone even more if he won't change. Jp thinks he's the best guy in the room and would rather win or lose his way then listen to anybody else. It will be the biggest reason he fails.

That’s an okay trait to have when you know.. you’ve won your way.

There is no better man to summin into this discussion while asking some serious questions for clarity!!..YO MY MAN! @de1conley whats going on behind the scenes with the players what are they feeling? Do you think Pruitt is on a hot seat as of now?.what do you think about a Hugh freeze hire?...🎤📞

Right now all is well. CJP is on a luke warm seat, but not in jeopardy of losing his job. The thing that helps the players is that CJP sat down and told them we will be better but we'll also have some tough moments. He also explained that while the talent has been upgraded, its also very young. Personally based on the fact that they wouldn't allow Saban to hire him as support staff nor CJP to hire him as OC, would they allow him to be hired as HC. SEC is pretty stern about their decisions and stick with them.

Yeah but take it with a grain of salt because all prior to this four game skid the VQ guys said how much Pruitt liked Chaney. In fact i specifically remember them saying not very long ago that Pruitt would let Chaney be the HC of his offense as long as he wanted (paraphrased). That was said in a podcast recently.

I think Prices point about how the offense hasn’t evolved at all and how it’s only successful if you overwhelm with talent is spot on. It’s a very boring, very predictable offense being led by a terrible QB.

That’s why I’m hoping Chaney retires at years end. Give me Osovet.
Where's chip long in this equation?

Now for Pruitt to make that connection...🧐
kq.gif
Lol

Chris Lowe on The Swain Event, again states UT is Freezes dream job. But, does not see UT firing Pruitt this year because of $$$$
Bs UT, the money can always be there if you want it to be. It would likely pay for itself in to time too. And if Freeze can't win here, when he could at Ole Miss and Liberty, then we are just broken anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back