Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the loss of Rumph, Rocker and Sherrer took it‘s toll. They were all very good evaluators and developers of talent...but only one of them was really willing to beat down the path on the recruiting trail. 2 opted for the got it made in the shade lifestyle of the NFL and the other got to name his hours at USC so don’t blame them for not sticking around. Pruitt put some younger guys in those roles who would be willing to burn the midnight oil both on the recruiting side and in the office...but I think that was a bad move.
Then fire his ass and #FreezeMe

Damn y’all are sold on HF.

I suppose what I don’t get is the team fought their asses off last year for this staff and more importantly themselves. I’d like to know what has changed. My gut tells me the team has no faith in JG, but it’s also likely much more to it than that.

This could be us

Zach Ragan is a trash reporter.

Been saying forever Chaney is trash. The game passed him by a looooong time ago.

I’ve thought this all year. There is literally nothing to trick a defense. The don’t have to worry about shifts or motion or anything. It is simply “guard your man” we have to be the easiest team in the country to defend.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I must have missed the post / report of Pruitt saying he can just go back to Bama. Does anyone have link?

Here is the post

Hubbs

Today at 11:13 AM#199,706
Let's revisit the previous guys first. Kiffin just left so it wasn't a case of him losing steam. Fulmer made the wrong hire in Clawson. Good coach, bad fit. Dooley wasn't recruiting great at the end, bad hire in Sunseri. His initial staff was excellent. Butch, bad hires. Shoop wasn't the right fit and Larry Scott was awful. Butch's hire of the Michigan tennis administrator Mike DeBord was a terrific hire. But Scott did him in. Along with a huge drop off at qb.

As for now, I think this team lacks locker room leadership which is a factor but it's crazy to suggest that's the only issue. However, they miss Jauan Jennings because of his emotion and the fact that he played hard for 60 mins. every day.

This program this year can't handle adversity. And maybe Jennings and Warrior was the two guys who held it together last year, but a year ago down the stretch they found ways to win games, even though it was ugly. Now they can't figure out a way to play the third quarter.

There are clearly disconnects at this point. Pruitt wasn't any fun to work for in year one. He was better in year 2, but I don't think this year has been any fun. Whether Jimmy Brumbaugh should have been fired or not, that has to leave an impact on a staff particularly. Most every coach has been "fired" in game by the head coach but it's heat of the moment and it never really happens. This year it did. One wonders how that affected the staff.

As for the other post on the board regarding Pruitt saying he wanted someone to fire him. I don't think he has said that.

He has told people from year one that if it didn't work out here that Saban would take him back as his DC or on staff there, but I don't believe he is telling people to fire him so he can go back to Alabama.

He beat Bama twice with inferior talent. Once might be a fluke, but twice...

Would lock down Memphis.

I would also think his track record would help us land Ty Simpson.
he also pretended to be the example we should all live by, till he got a hooker, while married...with kids.

Sorry man, ill pass.

Reactions: SmokinBob
he also pretended to be the example we should all live by, till he got a hooker, while married...with kids.

Sorry man, ill pass.
Who cares if he wins. I don't care what any of these dudes do in their free time. Except Mullen, that cuck is nasty.

Thought the argument from you all when Pruitt was hired was everyone was pulling in the same direction? Nobody up there knows what’s up or down. I wish y’all would stop giving money. Seriously. It’s the only thing that will stop it all is when they go broke.
It was. Don't take these dime store takes of his seriously. He was pumping the Gruden train at one time, he doesn't know anything.

Ya'll can continue to angst over what has become a complete 'ish show of a football program now that it's obvious Pruitt doesn't care about being here, Phil is too scared and stubborn to do anything, and the Admin doesn't give a F.....

i'm on to the BasketVols and I can say with CERTAINTY that Barnes wants to be here, and his staff and entire roster is gonna give it 100% and leave it on the court every game this season. Give me 11 Fulky's on offense and 11 Ponz on defense and with their attitudes, heart, and grit alone, they would win 6 football games.

Here is the post

Hubbs

Today at 11:13 AM#199,706
Let's revisit the previous guys first. Kiffin just left so it wasn't a case of him losing steam. Fulmer made the wrong hire in Clawson. Good coach, bad fit. Dooley wasn't recruiting great at the end, bad hire in Sunseri. His initial staff was excellent. Butch, bad hires. Shoop wasn't the right fit and Larry Scott was awful. Butch's hire of the Michigan tennis administrator Mike DeBord was a terrific hire. But Scott did him in. Along with a huge drop off at qb.

As for now, I think this team lacks locker room leadership which is a factor but it's crazy to suggest that's the only issue. However, they miss Jauan Jennings because of his emotion and the fact that he played hard for 60 mins. every day.

This program this year can't handle adversity. And maybe Jennings and Warrior was the two guys who held it together last year, but a year ago down the stretch they found ways to win games, even though it was ugly. Now they can't figure out a way to play the third quarter.

There are clearly disconnects at this point. Pruitt wasn't any fun to work for in year one. He was better in year 2, but I don't think this year has been any fun. Whether Jimmy Brumbaugh should have been fired or not, that has to leave an impact on a staff particularly. Most every coach has been "fired" in game by the head coach but it's heat of the moment and it never really happens. This year it did. One wonders how that affected the staff.

As for the other post on the board regarding Pruitt saying he wanted someone to fire him. I don't think he has said that.

He has told people from year one that if it didn't work out here that Saban would take him back as his DC or on staff there, but I don't believe he is telling people to fire him so he can go back to Alabama.

None of us are surprised by the notion that he can and will return to Bama. I am very surprised he was telling people that while the HC at TN. Very immature. That’s a thought you keep to your closest confidants and wife. Or just don’t even entertain for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back