Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The actual reason to keep Pruitt is money.

Y’all crazy thinking we’d make a move this year.
Not necessarily the head coach but definitely changes with the rest of the staff. Also if South Carolina buys out Muschamp then we can’t use money as an excuse.

Crompton thinks we could get Riley. He says Lincoln knows you can’t win a championship without strong D line play which is best for recruits in the south. He said you could offer him more money and he thinks he would come. Then talks about Sarkisian and how he will land somewhere soon. We can get a good coach. It’s whether we are willing to pay for it and make a commitment to winning. I think the administration needs to realize that the fans are close to being completely out and taking advantage of them is going to end soon. They have to get the next hire right.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
The actual reason to keep Pruitt is money.

Y’all crazy thinking we’d make a move this year.
How much are you going to lose in revenue due to lack of fan interest or spending vs $12 million or so buyout? Every school is in the same situation, but I guarantee if Auburn thinks its time to can Malzahn they will. They arent going to worry about a buyout.

I can’t even dream about a fun coaching search anymore. My list is dreary and realistic.

Mark Stoops, Tee Martin, Justin Fuente, Bill Clark, Will Healy, Bronco Mendenhall, Tony Elliot

How much are you going to lose in revenue due to lack of fan interest or spending vs $12 million or so buyout? Every school is in the same situation, but I guarantee if Auburn thinks its time to can Malzahn they will. They arent going to worry about a buyout.
It’s a drop in the bucket. If you hire Freeze, we will instantly see $20 million in season ticket sales and sales from the first few games. Fans would flock to Neyland. I know I would. Haven’t been in years.

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol
Crompton thinks we could get Riley. He says Lincoln knows you can’t win a championship without strong D line play which is best for recruits in the south. He said you could offer him more money and he thinks he would come. Then talks about Sarkisian and how he will land somewhere soon. We can get a good coach. It’s whether we are willing to pay for it and make a commitment to winning. I think the administration needs to realize that the fans are close to being completely out and taking advantage of them is going to end soon. They have to get the next hire right.
Lincoln Riley come to UT? LOL not a chance.

He isn't developing what he gets though. Our players have somehow gotten worse from last season.
You’re right and it’s frustrating. We always said that Butch can’t develop and only recruit until he couldn’t. We were excited that we hired a coach that knows football and can develop. There are way too many similarities between the two coaches at this point. The only difference is that talent is up right now compared to Butch’s last year and we cannot make a mistake in keeping Pruitt if he keeps losing.

Not necessarily the head coach but definitely changes with the rest of the staff. Also if South Carolina buys out Muschamp then we can’t use money as an excuse.

I mean aren’t we still paying Butch until Feb? SC hasn’t been paying their previous coach this whole time.

Reactions: ricepatty

Fans been calling for Malzahn’s head every year. Let’s not act like they’d be acting quickly

I mean aren’t we still paying Butch until Feb? SC hasn’t been paying their previous coach this whole time.

Keep seeing where coaches around the country are taking pay cuts because of athletic department shortfalls from the lockdowns. When is Chaney taking a pay cut? Isn’t he making 1.6 million this year to lead one of the 3 worst offenses in the SEC.

I can’t even dream about a fun coaching search anymore. My list is dreary and realistic.

Mark Stoops, Tee Martin, Justin Fuente, Bill Clark, Will Healy, Bronco Mendenhall, Tony Elliot
Man you’ve gone full Nega...

Freeze
O’Brien
Fickell
Sarkisian
Neal Brown
Matt Campbell

Reactions: volfaninpa
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back