Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so tired of not being any good. Really starting to wonder if we’re ever coming back

Depends on what you mean by “coming back”

Truth is we need to realize what Butch did in year 3-4 is “coming back”. That’s about as good as it’s going to get until the cycle at bama, Florida and Georgia turns downhill

Reactions: hotcypress
This is how I feel, I have a 5 year old that I want to sit and enjoy football with. Do I teach him to be a vol fan or another team. I grew up in the glory days like the rest of you guys. But how much heart ache and suffering can one take before saying enough is enough.

John ward...that is all!...he may be dead but his spirits live on...he will be hooked...nothing wrong with being reminded where you come from and what could be again.hang in there Vol Dad!

Reactions: DarthVol1 and aRmo

Truth is we need to realize what Butch did in year 3-4 is “coming back”. That’s about as good as it’s going to get until the cycle at bama, Florida and Georgia turns downhill
Regular 9 and 10 win seasons is coming back. Getting on the level of Georgia, Bama, Clemson, and Ohio St is next level.

Bama and UGA won’t cycle down again short of NCAA sanctions. Maybe when Kirby leaves from UGA, but Bama has a whole state behind it from politicians to bankers, etc.. Plus the SEC office in Birmingham is infested with Bammers.

Bama is here to stay for the foreseeable future barring any major sanctions.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

I'm not sure there's such a thing as a cycle anymore. The NCAA no longer has any power. There's nothing to fear.... Unless you have an idiot ex player from the NFL throwing money around on national tv. And I'm convinced that was more of the result of an SEC intervention behind the scenes than it was a toothless NCAA.

Regular 9 and 10 win seasons is coming back. Getting on the level of Georgia, Bama, Clemson, and Ohio St is next level.

I’d say 8-9 is coming back. That extra win to move to 9-10 is another step before getting to those schools

And I am talking about regular season wins. Of course 9-10 wins is more realistic If you count a bowl

I'm not sure there's such a thing as a cycle anymore. The NCAA no longer has any power. There's nothing to fear.... Unless you have an idiot ex player from the NFL throwing money around on national tv. And I'm convinced that was more of the result of an SEC intervention behind the scenes than it was a toothless NCAA.

Imo cycles come with coaches. Bama will cycle down when saban retires

Florida will cycle down is DM goes to the nfl and if Miami and or FSU get cycled up.

Just found out about the LSU being in trouble and if I’m being honest, that annoys me greatly.

Why does Florida’s yearly opponent have to be the fk up? Makes it easier for them.
Why can’t Alabama fk up?
Why can’t uga?

It’s bs.
Imo it’s all about the money! Bama and Georgia get away with murder. Just like Saban the other night right before the half, jerked his mask down and was reaming those refs out. Not a word was said to my knowledge about his mask. But yet UT and others get fined? Biased bull hockey

Clemson, Bama, OSU...at least 2 of the 3 if not all three with be in the playoffs every year. After that it’s OK, UGA, and probably an undeserving ND in the other spots. An off year will have a PAC-12 team make it in.

That’s the playoff picture going forward and it won’t “cycle”. That is the landscape of college football.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
This is how I feel, I have a 5 year old that I want to sit and enjoy football with. Do I teach him to be a vol fan or another team. I grew up in the glory days like the rest of you guys. But how much heart ache and suffering can one take before saying enough is enough.
If you even think this question in the dark of the night, much less post it on VolNation...

This hurts my heart

Clemson, Bama, OSU...at least 2 of the 3 if not all three with be in the playoffs every year. After that it’s OK, UGA, and probably an undeserving ND in the other spots. An off year will have a PAC-12 team make it in.

That’s the playoff picture going forward and it won’t “cycle”. That is the landscape of college football.

When I was 12 I said Miami will always win the National Championship because they were really good and What kid wouldn’t want to go play and party in Miami.

Miami sucks now.

Things change.

I’m so tired of not being any good. Really starting to wonder if we’re ever coming back
I feel you brother. But we are close. Makes the climb harder when your main rivals are top ten every year. Just have to hope Pruitt continues to grow as a head coach and Bailey/Salter are great QBs.

When I was 12 I said Miami will always win the National Championship because they were really good and What kid wouldn’t want to go play and party in Miami.

Miami sucks now.

Things change.

This is different. We are in an age where the rich get perpetually richer. USC was brought down with sanctions. Same with Miami.

I doubt we will ever see sanctions, at least significant ones, in Tuscaloosa or Clemson or Columbus. These schools get to act with impunity.

Hell, Ole Miss promptly went on sanctions after beating Bama in back to back years and getting recruits they wanted.

This is not the same landscape as it was 20 and 30 years ago. The money and power brokers are completely different and they aren’t letting anyone else in.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Can you use your prescient abilities to offer stock tips as well?
I can see the writing on the wall as well as anyone. 15 years ago places like Nashville, Hendersonville etc were solidly Orange. Now you see as much black and gold along with Crimson as you do Orange.

Couple that with an aging fanbase and kids who grew up watching their parents affected negatively by heartbreak year after year, slowly coming to the realization that the best it's going to get is an 8 or 9 win season every now and then and steal the east once every decade or two. That's where we are and who were going to be for the foreseeable future.

Unless something changes drastically that's where we're going to stay and the fanbase which is in the decline will continue to do so.

I can see the writing on the wall as well as anyone. 15 years ago places like Nashville, Hendersonville etc were solidly Orange. Now you see as much black and gold along with Crimson as you do Orange.

Couple that with an aging fanbase and kids who grew up watching their parents affected negatively by heartbreak year after year, slowly coming to the realization that the best it's going to get is an 8 or 9 win season every now and then and steal the east once every decades or two. That's where we are and who were going to be for the foreseeable future.

Unless something changes drastically that's where we're going to stay and the fanbase which is in the decline will continue to do so.
okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back