Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either you routinely think you’re never wrong on anything and will never admit to it, or your Alzheimer’s kicked in again. You misrepresent yourself by consistently droning about 💩 no one cares about or we’re talking about at the time. View attachment 308461
I am in year 13 dealing with two parents with dementia. My Mom at 86 does not know who I am. I spend 1000 a week on caregivers. I also have a big fear at age 59 that I will likely come down with the same issues because many believe it is inherited. Care to make any more jokes about Alzheimer’s again?

I am in year 13 dealing with two parents with dementia. My Mom at 86 does not know who I am. I spend 1000 a week on caregivers. I also have a big fear at age 59 that I will likely come down with the same issues because many believe it is inherited. Care to make any more jokes about Alzheimer’s again?
I was being serious. I’m in a family riddled by it. I’m not making any jokes. I lost my hero of a grandfather in 2016 to it because he forgot how to freaking swallow and couldn’t eat or drink any longer. My 93 year old grandmother has completely forgotten most of us and suffers from Sundowners. My great grandmother in law thinks there’s a young black child hangs out in her room with her. I joke not, sir. I’m trying to get you to see much like a few other posters that you’re way out in left field frequently. I’m actually trying to point it out to help you. Not kick you.

I was being serious. I’m in a family riddled by it. I’m not making any jokes. I lost my hero of a grandfather in 2016 to it because he forgot how to freaking swallow and couldn’t eat or drink any longer. My 93 year old grandmother has completely forgotten most of us and suffers from Sundowners. My great grandmother in law thinks there’s a young black child hangs out in her room with her. I joke not, sir. I’m trying to get you to see much like a few other posters that you’re way out in left field frequently. I’m actually trying to point it out to help you. Not kick you.
Your statement crossed the line, don’t try to wriggle out of it. Bottom line, Shuler’s arm strength was hyped by some which I believe was ESPN. There was a draft opinion which I likely I read in the USA Today that stated his arm strength was less than average by NFL standards. I’m not going to feel guilty or ashamed by posting that and if that hurts Shuler worshippers than they will just need to get over it.

Very sorry to hear that. Having one parent suffering from Alzheimers must be brutal; I can't imagine 2 parents suffering from it. My mom was begnning to suffer from dementia when a stroke took her. My dad died at 62 from cancer so I never had to deal with alheimers, but the thought of it scares the hell out of me.. My heart goes out to you.

I never said I read anything that stated it was mediocre arm strength. People on this forum routinely try to misrepresent what another poster has stated
You said “less than average NFL arm strength”. Mediocre isn’t a leap...that’s your misrepresentation.

Read Dr. Dale Bredesen's "The End of Alzheimer's"

Your statement crossed the line, don’t try to wriggle out of it. Bottom line, Shuler’s arm strength was hyped by some which I believe was ESPN. There was a draft opinion which I likely I read in the USA Today that stated his arm strength was less than average by NFL standards. I’m not going to feel guilty or ashamed by posting that and if that hurts Shuler worshippers than they will just need to get over it.
If you think I’m afraid of you or anything like that, you’re sorely mistaken. I can have an opinion and make statements all I want and I don’t need your permission, sir. ESPECIALLY when I have firsthand accounts, experience, and knowledge. Nor will you push me into feeling about actually saying something to portray concern.. Idgaf about anything you were bloviating about Shuler. Ignore me. Don’t care.

As many know, my mom passed this past February with Alzheimer's. It's a terrible disease. Like you, my fear is I will acquire it too. I've thought about having the DNA test to see what my chances are but I'm not sure I want to know.

As to cost, my mom and dad purchased long term care insurance. It was a great that they did because of the cost of caring for them. I'm thinking of purchasing a policy myself. The last thing I want is to be a burden on my wife or children.

okay seriously, I get the love for KY because they have so many returning, but where is this optimism coming from on FL? Didn't they lose quite a few, have some transfer, and have a few injuries? Their QB is pretty good, but I just don't see what they have that has made them a top 10 team from a talent perspective?
Lol I didn't even catch that at first. Just assumed it was GA on talent alone. Looks like Kirb doesn't have the respect he used to have. Hate this might give them incentive. But FL will be under the microscope by the press now.

As many know, my mom passed this past February with Alzheimer's. It's a terrible disease. Like you, my fear is I will acquire it too. I've thought about having the DNA test to see what my chances are but I'm not sure I want to know.

As to cost, my mom and dad purchased long term care insurance. It was a great that they did because of the cost of caring for them. I'm thinking of purchasing a policy myself. The last thing I want is to be a burden on my wife or children.
I’m sorry for your loss, inVol. I’m dreading my grandmother’s, it’s only a matter of when not if. Hers has progressed quickly. She’s lived a great life at 93 and has an enormous family. She’ll be so missed. The entire cost of it all is crazy, I’ll agree. It’s almost like the healthcare takes advantage of it

Get the test. AD is treatable early. Read the book I referenced in my earlier post.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back