Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be subtle but the sentence "poor guy got outmaneuvered by a few loud-mouth football coaches, for heaven's sake" just makes her sentiment and elitism crystal clear. She basically just said how did the Big10 commissioner get out smarted by these idiots running around in loin cloths hitting people with clubs as of football is so beneath her ideal society. What a joke of a "journalist" that wants so badly to portray that she is smarter than the peons in society. When in fact she is portraying exactly what is destroying, not enlightening, society these days: lack of civil discourse.

Oh, she is definitely an elitist.

I never would have expected the Big Ten presidents to be so shaky, so fearful, so afraid of their own shadow. I grew up in Big Ten country, in the suburbs of Toledo, Ohio, in a family that spent fall Saturdays at Michigan games. I went to Northwestern University, where I received undergraduate and master’s degrees. I’m still very involved at NU to this day; in addition to being a professor of practice at the Medill School of Journalism, I’m a member of Northwestern’s 64-person board of trustees.

Looks like we found the female Dan Wolken, and it isn't a pretty image. She doesn't think highly of the SEC but definitely does think very highly of herself.

For decades, the Big Ten has thought of itself as a different kind of sports conference, one that proudly touts the academic achievements and Great Lakes values of its like-minded, highly-regarded, internationally-ranked research institutions. The Big Ten wasn’t the SEC; it wasn’t the Big 12. It was better than that, and it was happy to tell you all about it.
As proof, one only had to look at the conference’s prudent August decision to shut down fall sports in the midst of the global pandemic. It was only natural that the Big Ten would follow the Ivy League, and that the Pac-12 would follow the Big Ten. It was a tough decision, heartbreaking and costly, but it was the right one.
That’s the Big Ten for you, concerned about science, medicine and safety. Let the football factories of the SEC, Big 12 and ACC (Clemson’s playground) continue playing; the Big Ten was doing the right thing looking out for its student-athletes, treating them almost no differently than the student body at large, and that was all that mattered.

Then came Wednesday, the darkest day in Big Ten sports history, the day the vaunted conference caved. It choked. It got scared. It became the SEC.

And she manages to blame Nebraska and the president specifically along the way for good measure.

This is the Nebraska-ization of the Big Ten. Who would have thought that when Nebraska and Ohio State and a few of the league’s other squeakiest wheels started whining about missing out on football, the Big Ten presidents would buckle rather than stand up to them?

Or, we could call it the Trumpeting of the Big Ten. It was just two weeks ago that Trump, desperate to win votes in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania, told the conference to play football. Originally, the league stood its ground. Rutgers president Jonathan Holloway aptly called it “cheap politics.” But wouldn’t you know, the university presidents ended up following right along, giving Trump exactly what he wanted.

Well, I do agree with her on something.

While much of the blame for the awful about-face goes to the university presidents who chose money and football over sanity and caution, new Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren also contributed greatly to this public relations nightmare. This is a man who clearly is in way over his head. The poor guy was outmaneuvered by a few loud-mouth football coaches, for heaven’s sake. No matter how he explains it, it’s clear that he and the league flip-flopped so Ohio State can try to win a national title and the league can still make lots of money off the backs of 18-to-22-year-olds in the middle of a pandemic.

Big Ten football decision marks darkest day in conference's history
What a nasty, virtue signaling elitist *****...instant hatred...🤬

There was never a first version...Jason Witten on the other hand?
Whitten came to Tennessee as a DE. Fulmer made him change positions and taught him how to be a TE. Whitten fought that move but credits Fulmer for making him millions of dollars in the NFL. You just never know, until you know :):)

It might be subtle but the sentence "poor guy got outmaneuvered by a few loud-mouth football coaches, for heaven's sake" just makes her sentiment and elitism crystal clear. She basically just said how did the Big10 commissioner get out smarted by these idiots running around in loin cloths hitting people with clubs as of football is so beneath her ideal society. What a joke of a "journalist" that wants so badly to portray that she is smarter than the peons in society. When in fact she is portraying exactly what is destroying, not enlightening, society these days: lack of civil discourse.
She's a bug Wyatt..there ain't no live and let live with bugs..

Oh, she is definitely an elitist.

I never would have expected the Big Ten presidents to be so shaky, so fearful, so afraid of their own shadow. I grew up in Big Ten country, in the suburbs of Toledo, Ohio, in a family that spent fall Saturdays at Michigan games. I went to Northwestern University, where I received undergraduate and master’s degrees. I’m still very involved at NU to this day; in addition to being a professor of practice at the Medill School of Journalism, I’m a member of Northwestern’s 64-person board of trustees.
All these year's in journalism, living on daddy's money and reputation and never had to actually work for a living.

Don't fully understand the rule but if someone has tested positive today and they have two weeks they could be back the Thursday before the game, depending on the player they could still have a minimal impact. I'm thinking third string and special teams.
He said a starter

Haven't watched him play, but stats are fairly mediocre.
He may come out and be the second coming of Joe Burrow, but with this move I can almost hear Muschamp/Bobo saying "don't turn the ball over, get us in the right plays, keep us in the game til the end and maybe we will find a way to win the game".

After reading practice reports, it seems like Hill seems to play it safe more and Hilinksi throws it down the field. I think they are going to try to play conservative with a variety of misdirections and trick plays.

Either Hill missed a good bit of the 2019 season or CSU just doesn't throw the ball much, as he only threw about 100 passes last season for bout 850 yds or so.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Seems like anyone and everyone is taking pot shots at the B10 right now. I'm not. They made a decision to put player and fan safety first. At the time they made their decision, we were still grappling with testing, protection measures, and tracing. As a nation, we've come a long way. I would have rather them made a decision for the right reasons than rush into something and it being a disaster. I thought the SEC approach to wait and see how to manage the problem was a good one. Sometimes patience yields big rewards.

Seems like anyone and everyone is taking pot shots at the B10 right now. I'm not. They made a decision to put player and fan safety first. At the time they made their decision, we were still grappling with testing, protection measures, and tracing. As a nation, we've come a long way. I would have rather them made a decision for the right reasons than rush into something and it being a disaster. I thought the SEC approach to wait and see how to manage the problem was a good one. Sometimes patience yields big rewards.

They made a powerplay that failed, plain and simple. There was no more forethought than that.

Isnt he Bobo's boy from Col St? I don't think he set the world on fire out there. I think he is going to get crushed. They better have a running game...
Which I don’t believe they do. Projected as one of the worst Oline units in the league and lost their starting rb to injury.
Iirc, they have a walk on in the 2 deep at rb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back