Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp let's dive into the ages old, how the hell did they build them things and why are there pyramids on Mars and sphinx's, and on the dollar bill, and underground, and under water, and most likely on other planets and the moons. Why are they so precisely aligned with constellations and all the other precise geometric's.

I think we underestimate ancient humans and civilizations. They had a looong time to build them and spared no human resource expense.

On the flipside of "it was aliens," I don't see why a civilzation that has infinitely better technology (and likely arriving in the form of robots) would build a few pyramids out of measly rocks and sphinxes that are crumbling. Seem pretty pointless and fragile...and why build with specifications for a few humans to be buried, along with treasure? Doesn't add up.

And there are no pyramids on Mars (that we know of) unless you count that fuzzy little triangular thing the size of a large rock the rover saw.

But they are pretty BA and just placing a pyramid anywhere gets the" so and so is illuminati" teen youtuber cult all riled up 🤣

As far as recruiting, people have been asking frequently about Kennedy Chandler. We’ve felt like Tennessee was probably the team to beat in this one for sometime, but there now seems to be a growing buzz nationally that the Vols are the frontrunners. Rivals’ national analyst Corey Evans voiced that opinion himself this week in a piece he wrote on Wednesday.

As I mentioned on the board on Thursday, landing Chandler would be a huge deal in and of itself, but he’s also the kind of point guard that a big man, say like Jabari Smith, would see some obvious benefit in playing with.

Like their football counterparts, the basketball staff is trying to be creative in how they use technology in its recruiting efforts. Tennessee’s staff had a Zoom call with five-star 2022 prospect Jaden Bradley on Thursday night. Bradley is the No. 8 ranked player in ’22 and someone the Vols have done a good job of getting their foot in the door early with.
-VQ.

Europe also has dropping covid numbers.

Ahhhh... but which numbers? Are all the numbers even being counted the same way? ...the same way as two months ago? This is where the ethics of journalism, science, the economy, and politics hits the fan.

We know some states like Texas have officially changed the way patients are counted. If you finally go in to get that elective surgery you've been putting off, you will be tested before admittance. If you are asymptomatic but test positive that you have or have had the coronavirus... you get counted as a COVID-19 hospitalization. You aren't sick, you aren't contagious, you aren't in the hospital for any coronavirus-related reason --- but in some states, some systems, you are now an official number.

Who else is counting that way? Is Tennessee? Is Hamilton County? Is the Erlanger Hospital system? How do we know?

Consider how ambiguous the opening sentence from a local news provider is: "The number of coronavirus patients in Chattanooga hospitals has risen to the highest level yet - 71. That includes 37 from Hamilton County."

Citing "the number of coronavirus patients in 'nooga hospitals" is not necessarily the same as the number of patients admitted to 'nooga hospitals because of coronavirus, or admitted with coronavirus symptoms, or even as capable of transmitting the coronavirus. Technical differences for sure, but differences which would paint radically different pictures of where we are and what we should be doing.

Based on the numbers, is Chattanooga a COVID hotspot?

That "number of coronovirus patients in 'nooga hospitals" sounds like yes. But then it says 37 are from Hamilton County. Does that mean the other 34 are from inside Chattanooga city limits? Or are they from outlying counties? Chattanooga hospitals serve counties from Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama. Are those 34 patients "with" coronavirus from different states? If so, are they showing up as numbers in both states simultaneously?
-----

As I said, this is where the ethics of journalism, science, the economy, and politics hits the fan. Facts can be compiled and communicated without the taint of agendas--but truth has to be your only agenda. It can be left for we citizens to interpret and decide.

Whatever we individually believe, and whether your top concern is having a college football season (no insignificant matter for the economy, as well as the fabric of our society), opening the grade schools, or protecting your own life if you have predisposing conditions... we are going to have to demand clear answers to questions if we are going to maintain our liberty to make our own life decisions. And have a football season.

How you feeling? What were your early symptoms?

The fever is what I noticed. The day after fever started upper back/shoulder soreness/achiness and loss of appetite. Fever hovered between 99 & 100 degrees for 48 hours, it's all pretty well gone now. My battle lost his taste and smell while awaiting results, I have not yet. I actually don't/didn't feel all that bad, but I've got a wicked immune system. I've treated it with multivitamins and BRCC in the morning, and whiskey in the evening.

The fever is what I noticed. The day after fever started upper back/shoulder soreness/achiness and loss of appetite. Fever hovered between 99 & 100 degrees for 48 hours, it's all pretty well gone now. My battle lost his taste and smell while awaiting results, I have not yet. I actually don't/didn't feel all that bad, but I've got a wicked immune system. I've treated it with multivitamins and BRCC in the morning, and whiskey in the evening.
Good deal man. Glad you seem to be on the good side of it now. I’m DOD as well, non military side. NTKB seems to be the way it’s going for us is why I asked symptoms.

Unfortunately my friend lost his battle with Covid. Thanks for all the prayers
man that's terrible. so sorry.

crazy how it impacts folks differently... wish folks could understand their own impacts on others.

in last day ive seen three young people wearing their masks, but not covering noses.

just wear a mask, distance, and sanitize.

prayers for your loss.

man that's terrible. so sorry.

crazy how it impacts folks differently... wish folks could understand their own impacts on others.

in last day ive seen three young people wearing their masks, but not covering noses.

just wear a mask, distance, and sanitize.

prayers for your loss.
If schools are going to require masks the first thing that should be taught is how to wear a mask correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back