Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. Everyone is bored. We’ll see you when football and recruiting becomes a thing again?
Probably. The world is a crazy place right now and I’m just trying to have my mind in the right place.

“20 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.”

Phil. 3:20-21

Just gonna drop this nugget about mask wearing...

If you are an N95 mask wearer, and are talking about wearing it to save others...you're either ignorant, or a liar. Plain and simple.

The N95 works like a military gas mask. It filters the air you breath in. The air you breath out of the mask...that others can breath...is 100% yours. None filtered.

Military and former military, look at how the mask works, you'll know what I'm talking about. Look at the rubber grommet. It's for letting your natural breath out.
I just wear a condom.

I will say this.

In the Marine Corps you get MOPP Training (forgot long ago what the acronym means). I had an instructor tell us one time..."oh, you're probably still gonna die. The mask is just to keep you alive long enough to tak a few more of those bast*rds out with you".

Always thought it was probably one of the most honest answers I had ever gotten.

Yeah you really have to have the entire suit. The mask only protects you from certain gases but as you know even with CS gas it still gets to your skin.

The stuff they were issuing out back then probably didn’t have the high tech filters some masks have today, also gas masks don’t protect you from ammonia, smoke, lack of oxygen, or carbon monoxide.

Oh yeah also, the new Military M50/51 masks are better then the old 40s you can change filters without contaminating your mask. Also, air in is filtered and air out is sealed immediately once air passes through.

I will say this.

In the Marine Corps you get MOPP Training (forgot long ago what the acronym means). I had an instructor tell us one time..."oh, you're probably still gonna die. The mask is just to keep you alive long enough to tak a few more of those bast*rds out with you".

Always thought it was probably one of the most honest answers I had ever gotten.
Mission Oriented Protective Posture. I had to do many push-ups for not remembering that at Basic.

Probably. The world is a crazy place right now and I’m just trying to have my mind in the right place.

“20 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.”

The right place for our minds should always be in the scriptures. Thank you for reminding me. 🙂

Remember when we had one SEC caliber O Lineman? Now we have 4 out of 5 5 star big uglies with the 5th being a seasoned vet with years of experience. This, to me, is an example of what Fulmer brought to the table when he became AD. I guarantee O Line was #1 or #2 on his most emphasized talking points from day 1. I can’t think of a better mentor for Pruitt than Phil

How does it taste? How do you breath? How the hell do you get it over your head?

So many questions to be answered here.
tenor.gif

Yeah you really have to have the entire suit. The mask only protects you from certain gases but as you know even with CS gas it still gets to your skin.

The stuff they were issuing out back then probably didn’t have the high tech filters some masks have today, also gas masks don’t protect you from ammonia, smoke, lack of oxygen, or carbon monoxide.

Oh yeah also, the new Military M50/51 masks are better then the old 40s you can change filters without contaminating your mask. Also, air in is filtered and air out is sealed immediately once air passes through.
Wait...wad da ya mean by "back then"?

When I retired, there was at least a 2 at the beginning of the year...not by much, but dammit it was there!!

Remember when we had one SEC caliber O Lineman? Now we have 4 out of 5 5 star big uglies with the 5th being a seasoned vet with years of experience. This, to me, is an example of what Fulmer brought to the table when he became AD. I guarantee O Line was #1 or #2 on his most emphasized talking points from day 1. I can’t think of a better mentor for Pruitt than Phil

Agree. A great O-line can control the clock and do a beat down on the D so that the second half ends well. Once they bring more into the box, play action works very well.

Amen! And that glorified body sounds better every single day.

What do y'all think about these?
If UT is going to do a black jersey, this is exactly how I want them to look. Absolutely love the helmets and jerseys (the one's with the orange on the shoulders, especially) plus dem black britches with those orange stripes. Only thing I would change is the white Nike swoosh into orange, on the cleats

Last edited:
No, but it is recommended to help prevent others from catching it if you have it. We can't even quantify how many have died from it. It seems like such a minor imposition for a pretty significant potential benefit. You know, potentially saving a life.
It seems minor to people who don't have difficulty breathing. Not so minor to those that do. Not looking to argue, just pointing out that not everyone has the same circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back