Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to drag the kayak out to clean it up a little.

An opossum got in the shed and pooped in it

tenor.gif
My dog caught this guy in our shed20200511_212132.jpg

We have a TCL 43" in the bedroom, and I'm really happy with it. It was right at $200 with tax, good picture, no lag... it does randomly forget to connect to the internet on rare occasions, but really great for the money.

Same. I think we paid $300 for our 43” TCL, but we are happy so far. My Vizio though is about to hit 12 years and still going strong.

Off topic thread..........so here it goes.............

I gave a kid a golf lesson yesterday. He did really well. His dad came to me today and said his son's Baseball coach said, "No more golf. It's messing up his swing." THE KID IS 6.

WTH???
Like travel ball?

I gave a kid a golf lesson yesterday. He did really well. His dad came to me today and said his son's Baseball coach said, "No more golf. It's messing up his swing." THE KID IS 6.

WTH???

Sad. Making kids "specialize" in sports is stupid for the vast, vast majority of them. Sure, specialize them when they're 12-13 and are lapping the competition and look like they have a shot at getting a scholarship. But most kids aren't collegiate-caliber athletes and forcing them to focus on a single sport from a super young age is a great way to get them to not just hate that sport, but all sports.

Youth sports should be about physical fitness, building self-esteem and discipline, encouraging teamwork, and even finding hobbies to last a lifetime. Not trying to become a pro or getting a full ride to college. When parents create those expectations it just sets most kids up to fail.

WTH???
I mean in fairness I had to stop playing golf because of that, but I was in Little League, eventually worked out got a college scholarship to play baseball. Lol

WTH???

Lol. I played both as a youth and don’t remember having a problem.

Sad. Making kids "specialize" in sports is stupid for the vast, vast majority of them. Sure, specialize them when they're 12-13 and are lapping the competition and look like they have a shot at getting a scholarship. But most kids aren't collegiate-caliber athletes and forcing them to focus on a single sport from a super young age is a great way to get them to not just hate that sport, but all sports.

Youth sports should be about physical fitness, building self-esteem and discipline, encouraging teamwork, and even finding hobbies to last a lifetime. Not trying to become a pro or getting a full ride to college. When parents create those expectations it just sets most kids up to fail.

Never specialize. Encourage athletes to play multiple sports... right up until you getting compensated via scholarship or otherwise or are training for the Olympics

WTH???

Tell the Baseball Coach to Kiss Your Ass

If you’re talking to me? Lived in Texas 25 years and my former mother in law MADE tamales...no dog.
If you've eaten from a roadside stand, a good chance you've had dog. Laredo used to have a local ordinance that required a goat carcass for sale to leave on a hoof because it was otherwise it was indistinguishable from dog

Research also shows kids playing multiple sports actually makes them better at specific sports. It increases their athletic flexibility and skill range. Yes, at some point as you mentioned, it is best to nail down 1 sport, but that doesn't come till college.

Anyone else having a real tough time getting excited for football?

Maybe I’m not optimistic that it happens, or it will just be a shell of its former self. But everything else going on really deflates any real joy I have in it. The gleeful anticipation just isn’t there for me.

Maybe I should stay off Twitter. My hope for humanity is at all time low. Somebody pick me up.
tenor.gif

told at work once that everybody must tweet...never started and now i'm retired...

but, yes, it's a struggle many, many times a day to find some joy
. aint gonna quit tryrin'

Reactions: engineerVOL

WTH???

My buddy was a college pitcher and a HS golfer so it worked out well for him but his father had him play baseball lefty (his natural fit) but swung his golf clubs righty. If the kids dad is that concerned maybe hes young enough to try that.

If you've eaten from a roadside stand, a good chance you've had dog. Laredo used to have a local ordinance that required a goat carcass for sale to leave on a hoof because it was otherwise it was indistinguishable from dog
You’re FOS...now officially.

if you have to leave nuts on a kill't deer to prove sex, then....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back