Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what an actual good metric is to look at regarding covid-19? Look at the military population infected and their death rate. It is 0. No military individuals have died from Covid-19.

This reinforces that covid-19 to healthy individuals is not a major issue. It really only effects people who have health issues and elderly people. However, even old people have got the virus and been fine.

So, my point is, once everything opens back up the individuals who are more susceptible to covid-19 need to take precaution but you can’t keep everything shutdown because some may perish. People die every single day to other viruses/diseases and everything else. This lockdown needs to end soon.
I agree, and I have health issues.

Multiple studies are confirming what some of us have been saying all along: Vit D status is strongly correlated to COVID-19 outcome. I'm personally convinced that it isn't just correlation, it's causation (or at least a causative factor), because the correlation spans so many different demographics that have little other association.

The vaccine already exists. It's called sunshine. Not because it kills the virus (although it does), but because it strengthens and modulates the immune system, improving your response to the virus, while reducing the excessive cytokine response that kills people. If you can't get sunshine, or are *dark skinned*, take big daily doses of D. Do it.
Been hitting 10,000 iu for a couple of weeks now.

I heard something interesting the other day. A buddy of mine talked to Tee recently. He said high school and college coaches actually pay to have their kids ranked higher. That the recruiting sites are a sham. I've always taken it with a grain of salt, and thought certain fan bases that buy more yearly memberships drove that, but that was kind of a revealing to me.
That's exactly the reason our coach wants to see his recruits work out. They know what football players look like and they've proven that numerous times by offering players no one has ever heard about. Stars mean nothing to good coaches. That's a game for fans to brag about.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I agree, and I have health issues.

Sorry to hear that, the good news is that what really matters is your immune system and if it is strong even with pre-existing conditions you are less likely to suffer the worse portions of covid-19.

The most severe portions of covid-19 come from your body attacking itself. So a good immune system helps prevent that from happening.

Reactions: Rishvol
I wouldn’t tear down goalposts for Georgia. Butch beat them twice.

Break that streak against Bama though...

Georgia forgets they lost to Butch Jones and because they have had a couple of good streaks against us think they are untouchable lol. It only takes one bad year for them and they will want Smart gone.

Multiple studies are confirming what some of us have been saying all along: Vit D status is strongly correlated to COVID-19 outcome. I'm personally convinced that it isn't just correlation, it's causation (or at least a causative factor), because the correlation spans so many different demographics that have little other association.

The vaccine already exists. It's called sunshine. Not because it kills the virus (although it does), but because it strengthens and modulates the immune system, improving your response to the virus, while reducing the excessive cytokine response that kills people. If you can't get sunshine, or are *dark skinned*, take big daily doses of D. Do it.

Watched a video the other day with a immunologist. He basically went on a rant how the US has condemned some people to death because when they come out of quarantine their immune systems will have weakened. Meaning it’ll be easy for them to get covid-19 and harder for them to fight it off. His main point was if we had all just been out and about our bodies would have adapted at some point and naturally raised immunities making the virus less lethal.

You know what an actual good metric is to look at regarding covid-19? Look at the military population infected and their death rate. It is 0. No military individuals have died from Covid-19.

This reinforces that covid-19 to healthy individuals is not a major issue. It really only effects people who have health issues and elderly people. However, even old people have got the virus and been fine.

So, my point is, once everything opens back up the individuals who are more susceptible to covid-19 need to take precaution but you can’t keep everything shutdown because some may perish. People die every single day to other viruses/diseases and everything else. This lockdown needs to end soon.

While the military death rate is very low, it's not 0. A sailor on the USS Theodore Roosevelt died, and a member of the NJ National Guard died.

There is a long list of celebrities/well-known people that died from covid-19, and I have never seen such a list in a short time like that from flu/pneumonia deaths.

There was one study that said that covid-19 deaths average 10 years of lost life based on actuary numbers. So, it's not like all deaths were from 80+ year old individuals where death was imminent. All that said, I have been supportive of a reopening. But there are sectors of our lives where things won't be normal for a while.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
While the military death rate is very low, it's not 0. A sailor on the USS Theodore Roosevelt died, and a member of the NJ National Guard died.

There is a long list of celebrities/well-known people that died from covid-19, and I have never seen such a list in a short time like that from flu/pneumonia deaths.

There was one study that said that covid-19 deaths average 10 years of lost life based on actuary numbers. So, it's not like all deaths were from 80+ year old individuals where death was imminent. All that said, I have been supportive of a reopening. But there are sectors of our lives where things won't be normal for a while.

United States Coronavirus: 1,252,110 Cases and 73,769 Deaths - Worldometer

National Guard aren’t held to the same medical standards as Active Duty.

Edit: however just saw that there have only been 25 deaths to military personnel as of April 22nd. So their stats aren’t updated properly. Roughly a .34 % death rate

I wouldn’t tear down goalposts for Georgia. Butch beat them twice.

Break that streak against Bama though...
If we can beat Oklahoma in Oklahoma, then that home game against Florida will be intense. Win that and make it to the Bama home game undefeated, that stadium will set decibel records. If fans get to go to the games.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Speaking of goal posts coming down, it would be TN's luck for us to have a break out year and go undefeated the year when there are no fans allowed at the games...
the things we have to endure.

we just had the best baseball season in the last 20 years too.

oh, wait. no we didn't.

Reactions: Rishvol
bama would be the only one that's acceptable. a) the streak b) they've been the most dominant program of the last 10-12 years

the only reason i would be against it is because it would be acknowledging both.

but i'm petty that way.

I agree in theory, but if we beat UF on a last minute play or in overtime I could still see it happening.

Reactions: SmokinBob
This is random... but can anyone recommend a sit on top fishing kayak under $500?
Lifetime Teton Angler would be the cheapest option probably. Field and Stream along with Perception have options around that price point too.

If you already own a kayak there are angler kits you can purchase to modify your existing kayak.

Last edited:
Lifetime Teton Angler would be the cheapest option probably. Field and Stream along with Perception have options around that price point too.

If you already own a kayak there are angler kits you can purchase to modify your existing yak.
but ensure you only refer it as a Yak.

Then, eat a Za.

ReflectingGivingBigmouthbass-max-1mb.gif
Please tell me that's not Joe Biden's leg.

Sorry to hear that, the good news is that what really matters is your immune system and if it is strong even with pre-existing conditions you are less likely to suffer the worse portions of covid-19.

The most severe portions of covid-19 come from your body attacking itself. So a good immune system helps prevent that from happening.
It appears to be getting a lot weaker as well

Navy Identifies USS Theodore Roosevelt Sailor Who Died of COVID-19

I agree with the overall point of your post though. I’m ready to open stuff back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back