Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accept that you think Trump overreacted but then you went and blamed it on the epidemiologists..

Which means if the aforementioned “leftists” think the virus is a big deal and that it was only slowed bc of the preventative measures in place, wouldn’t they be right to praise Fauci and Birch (the epidemiologists that you just blamed for Trump’s overreaction)?

Just say “Trump overreacted and it’s his fault we are where we are now” if you want the other side to say “Trump should be praised for all the lives he saved”.
lol

My wife and I could hear someone talking or singing loudly down the block from us. Figured it was just a homeless person ranting loudly, as some tend to enjoy doing. Looked outside and was shocked to see it was a completely normal looking human being walking his dog, while singing FULL BLAST the 4 Non-Blondes song What's Up (What's going on?)...he actually sounded great too and was hitting all the high notes. Looking like he was having a blast walking his dog with no one around.

We couldn't help but smile and now that song is stuck in our heads. It also reminded me of this old goodie:

Damn. Fulmer was 2-7 against Florida in 2001. 35-2 against the rest of the east. Florida still owns us.
I was talking about this with my older brother the other day. Even though Bama hasn't lost to us since 2006, I feel like Tennessee doesn't really have the mental block against them like they have against Florida. Bama has just been the better team every year and I think Tennessee has even outcoached them a few times (2009/2015/2019). But with Florida it's like it doesn't matter who the coach is, who the players are, whatever, they beat us. And they've backed into wins several times when I thought Tennessee largely outplayed them and was probably the better team (2006/2014/2015/2017) but we found a way to lose. It's maddening as there's really no reason for them to have that level of dominance over us.

I have to disagree with you on this. Whether or not the mortality rate is extremely bogus is irrelevant...ease of transmission causing huge numbers of infected with no social distancing was going to be a problem..especially in tightly packed urban areas, and places like nursing homes.

.0002% chance of even getting it? You know most of us are going to end up getting it before we get herd immunity. Some research out of Austria suggests it may also cause long term irreversible lung damage. This is not “just the flu” nor is it only about the olds.
I have long term irreversible lung damage..from freakin bronchitis..gimme a break.

I have to disagree with you on this. Whether or not the mortality rate is extremely bogus is irrelevant...ease of transmission causing huge numbers of infected with no social distancing was going to be a problem..especially in tightly packed urban areas, and places like nursing homes.
I agree that this thing is highly contagious, but the recent data shows that mortality rate is extremely low. My point is that I believe if we had better data, we could have handled this without tanking the economy.

Reactions: GiggerVol
My wife and I could hear someone talking or singing loudly down the block from us. Figured it was just a homeless person ranting loudly, as some tend to enjoy doing. Looked outside and was shocked to see it was a completely normal looking human being walking his dog, while singing FULL BLAST the 4 Non-Blondes song What's Up (What's going on?)...he actually sounded great too and was hitting all the high notes. Looking like he was having a blast walking his dog with no one around.

We couldn't help but smile and now that song is stuck in our heads. It also reminded me of this old goodie:

Lol 😆

I agree that this thing is highly contagious, but the recent data shows that mortality rate is extremely low. My point is that I believe if we had better data, we could have handled this without tanking the economy.
Think about it Bass..even if the mortality rate is the same as the flu, if it infects at a 5-10× higher rate..that in itself is cause for aggressive mitigation.

But I do agree, we have taken our shot, and it is time to open it up in most places...

I said it from the beginning of this..we can not keep the world shut down long enough to outlast this virus...That is a fact.

It’s really quite simple. I don’t believe the virus was that bad as the new data is proving. But if you believe that it was, as Kingston apparently does, then you have to give Trump credit for his response to it and his social distancing guidelines. The hilarious thing is that many leftists believe this thing is horrible and that had we not social distanced hundreds of thousands of lives would have been lost! But then those same folks refuse to give trump credit for administering the guidelines. Just pointing out this fact.
Why are we STILL making this about left and right. Man all these governments guys work together. They sit back and laugh at us for thinking they aren’t on the same team

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back