Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think that most wouldn't. But there are areas that are just ripe for it. If they open all restaurants at full capacity, they will be busy because my wife is tired of cooking. If your employer says that you have to be in the office at least 3 times a week (in an office of 1,000 people) to keep your job, then you will do it. If court dockets go back to 100+ cases per day, then personnel and defendants have to be there. Just the way all of that works.
It is going to have to happen...all we have done is delay the inevitable..

Maybe you should quit and stay home as long as you want..but the world didn't stop turning because of this stupid virus.

It is going to have to happen...all we have done is delay the inevitable..

Maybe you should quit and stay home as long as you want..but the world didn't stop turning because of this stupid virus.

You obviously didn’t read what I wrote. No need to respond any further. People just don’t get that it’s not going back to normal right away.

I’m not afraid of what happens to me, but I will be damn sure that I’m not going to endanger my kids or parents. But keep beating that drum.

You obviously didn’t read what I wrote. No need to respond any further. People just don’t get that it’s not going back to normal right away.

I’m not afraid of what happens to me, but I will be damn sure that I’m not going to endanger my kids or parents. But keep beating that drum.
You're right, I misread you at first.

But as to your second point..There will be no vaccine...what are you going to do? Hide in a cave till one comes available in late 21?

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
There will be no vaccine...what are you going to do?

I will continue to work, but it simply won’t be the same. I don’t have to do anything. Crowds will be limited, and business that I have done for the last 14 years will be handled differently. I’m not saying that I am staying home.

But we won’t be “normal” for a while.

Another thing...I guarantee you that your kids have a infinitely higher chance of dying in a car accident, than they ever will from this stupid virus...so..are you going to ban them from driving?

I have two children that were in really bad accidents in their early years of driving, and I knew it was a great possibility something bad could happen every time they left the house, but it never crossed my mind to tell them they couldn't drive.

Reactions: OrangenSC
I will continue to work, but it simply won’t be the same. I don’t have to do anything. Crowds will be limited, and business that I have done for the last 14 years will be handled differently. I’m not saying that I am staying home.

But we won’t be “normal” for a while.

I was a bad germophobe long before this thing, and it freaks me out, but I didn't just start scrubbing my hands, or bathing in hand sanitizer, or using something to open doors...my friends and family have made fun of me for years for it..till now.

One thing I have never done is be so afraid to face the world that I quit living and just existed..

I get you. I don’t need 100% normal. They need to return to the 80-90% normality mark And do it ASAP before they derail the economy. Let sports happen. Even if not fans, most of the money is TV money anyway. Let stores open. Sick stay home. Give govt backed sick days to any employees feeling anywhere close to not 100%. Open restaurants and bars. Even if you have to do it at less seating capacity at first. Lysol them more. Put up more shields. But open the damn thing up. Unemployment at this level is way more damaging than the virus.

It shouldn't have been shut down in the first place except in a few hot spots. Covid like every other virus will come and go but the government will NEVER forget how easy it was to scare people into letting there freedoms and liberties be taken or restricted!

But I mostly blame the media, not government. President and task force, governors, mayors, etc. were kind of in a no-win situation. The media is/was going ultra hysterical with this thing, and they would've hammered (and did) any official who weren't reacting the same way.

I was a bad germophobe long before this thing, and it freaks me out, but I didn't just start scrubbing my hands, or bathing in hand sanitizer, or using something to open doors...my friends and family have made fun of me for years for it..till now.

One thing I have never done is be so afraid to face the world that I quit living and just existed..

I am talking right now. The numbers are such that the percentages are higher to get it.

I could walk across the street and get hit by a car. If I walk across after looking both ways and see no traffic, I have a greater chance at survival than walking across while cars are coming.

This will die down, and I don’t want there to be shutdown. But some people aren’t going to “normal” for a while.

Last edited:
I get you. I don’t need 100% normal. They need to return to the 80-90% normality mark And do it ASAP before they derail the economy. Let sports happen. Even if not fans, most of the money is TV money anyway. Let stores open. Sick stay home. Give govt backed sick days to any employees feeling anywhere close to not 100%. Open restaurants and bars. Even if you have to do it at less seating capacity at first. Lysol them more. Put up more shields. But open the damn thing up. Unemployment at this level is way more damaging than the virus.

That’s basically what I’m saying. I don’t think it will be 80%, but it will be a slow rollout.

There are a bunch of jobs that will get started again when things start rolling out. Local government has laid off people in jobs that are necessary when the city is open. I think bignewt said the economy is hibernating. Not totally, but there are definitely jobs that will be up and going once the process starts.

Reactions: bignewt
That’s basically what I’m saying. I don’t think it will be 80%, but it will be a slow rollout.

There are a bunch of jobs that will get started again when things start rolling out. Local government has laid off people in jobs that are necessary when the city is open. I think bignewt said the economy is hibernating. Not totally, but there are definitely jobs that will be up and going once the process starts.
I'd say it's 80 percent hibernating, 20 percent gone but in a year it will be back to 100 if we open up next month.

I guess my question with extended lockdowns is what are we trying to accomplish with an extra two weeks? Is there a magic number of cases we’re looking to get under? Is it ramping up testing capabilities? I think if they’re more clear with the goal and the reason behind them they wouldn’t have as much backlash.

I personally don’t see why we don’t begin to open up now, if we’re going to in two weeks. Half capacity restaurants/stores, reopen state parks/national parks, etc. The majority of people aren’t going right back to what they were doing and pretending it never happened. Most people will use judgement in they’re actions even without restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back