Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have canvas and tote bags in both our vehicles. I just have a few plastic bags left for picking up dog poopers. I do love handing all my bags to the bagger at the grocery and saying here ya go...
you still have grocery baggers?

nah, you're that guy that stands there, watches all the groceries pile up at the end of the belt, and waits on the poor cashier to finish ringing you up before she bags...while the rest of us wait in line silently screaming at you in our heads to gtfo of the way.

i see now.

So the theory goes. I'd assume Mays already accepted an immediate scholarship and no further room to forward count. Sounds like Velus has not and could still be counted forward as a blueshirt.

Then again, what if we took someone that was able to blueshirt as well? I'd assume this linebacker hasn't OV'd. Maybe that could fit 27.
we could still count mays or jones forward...

you still have grocery baggers?

nah, you're that guy that stands there, watches all the groceries pile up at the end of the belt, and waits on the poor cashier to finish ringing you up before she bags...while the rest of us wait in line silently screaming at you in our heads to gtfo of the way.

i see now.
Always have a bagger otherwise I have my wife do it.

Don't tell that to CatsIllustrated. Half of their game thread is ref complaining, adding up 2nd half fouls, etc. Every...single...fan base is the same when it comes to refs. But they should be the last to complain because they have all the stars on their side. Suck it up kittens.

The announcers gave their reasons why the calls were made, but in slow-mo it just looked like largely incidental contact, but they all went against the Vols. One of them was Fulk getting mugged, but they called some kind of blocking screen deal on Pons, I think. "Too much shoulder." Fulkerson's head moving in the opposite direction of his body was ignored.

One foul on a Fulky shot was booed, but replay clearly showed the defender getting zero ball and all arm. It was just interesting that all the non-shooting fouls favored Kentucky. But basketball refs are the worst of all of them, I think.

The announcers gave their reasons why the calls were made, but in slow-mo it just looked like largely incidental contact, but they all went against the Vols. One of them was Fulk getting mugged, but they called some kind of blocking screen deal on Pons, I think. "Too much shoulder." Fulkerson's head moving in the opposite direction of his body was ignored.

One foul on a Fulky shot was booed, but replay clearly showed the defender getting zero ball and all arm. It was just interesting that all the non-shooting fouls favored Kentucky. But basketball refs are the worst of all of them, I think.

UK BB fans are possibly the worst sports fans ever.

i-love-it-gif-8.gif

we could still count mays or jones forward...
Agree, as long as they or one didn't take a Spring scholarship, could still blueshirt. Though VQ sort of went from talking about both to just talking Velus. I took that as Mays is on Spring scholarship, but who knows maybe not.

Reactions: jakez4ut

If that's the guy I'm thinking of he is for real. IIRC, he got into all sorts of controversy/trouble in India for corruption. I can't imagine what gave him away. lol.

ETA: On a less funny note - that dude is def. for real but I was wrong on my billionaires. This one and was a banker. He was beaten to death and the world's most expensive shirt per Guinness went missing the next day. Guess, flaunting it isn't always a good idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoVolsDR
Is he a Patel?

Nah, I looked him up. India has a zillion billionaires so it's hard to keep up. This dude was a banker although going by the description "money taker" I'm not sure what kind of banker he really was. He might've been closer to the type we call payday lenders than the Goldman Sachs type. His name was Datta Phuge. He set a world record with the shirt and then was beaten to death by his son's friends. The friends invited the son and his dad to a party and apparently brutally attacked him over what amounts to around 2,000 USD that they were supposedly owed. He apparently usually travelled with armed gaurds and the details of the crime sound a lot shadier than the info I've gathered. A lot of crony capitalism goes on in India that isn't too different from the way it is with Russian Oligarchs in that it's hard to tell "businessmen" from crime bosses and truth be told even then the difference is small with the super rich in those countries.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back