Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s already started, he is already seeing 2 on defense on him, sometimes 3.
What he needs more than weight is someone to come off the bench to help limit his minutes. There's just too much drop-off in production when he leaves the game so he plays 35 plus minutes and just gets beat down.

Well yeah...

He’s finally working the playoffs.

I’m mean he’s good but NFL sells itself. Honestly if Andre Ware, Vern Lundquist, and Jordan Rogers were calling a game I’d still watch. Don’t understand the need to throw that kind of cash at him but good for him.
I wouldn’t ... I intentionally watch whatever game Romo is calling. He’s the best.... I don’t think it’s worth 17 mil

I’m excited for this defense. Could be nasty. Defensive line and secondary are experienced and the linebackers may be the most talented unit, even with the youth.
It's going to be interesting. Almost all new assistants and lost our 3 leaders, 1 from each level of the defense.

It's going to be a great test for Pruitt/Ansley to see if they can not only get all the new assistants doing the right things, but to also find and develop new leaders on the field.

Warrior made it sound like Bryce could be one. Not sure who on the DL or LBs will step forward. Not talking just playing well, but being a leader on the field and getting us lined up. Bituli was a dog in that regard. Even his NFL scouting report mentioned it. It's a big thing we missed when he was out the first few games and it was devastating. Hope Toots has it within him.

What he needs more than weight is someone to come off the bench to help limit his minutes. There's just too much drop-off in production when he leaves the game so he plays 35 plus minutes and just gets beat down.

I know, he was getting gassed by at least 6 minutes left in 2nd half. Somehow he finished. Can’t rely on him being able to, going forward. I really don’t think they have much in the tank, going forward.

Reactions: Batman1948
Mike White said Fulky had the highest motor of any player in the SEC.

He forgot gym rat, high IQ player, throwback player, and scrappy.

Agree with all of that. However...

He needs to quit switching onto the G's outside and leaving Bowden or Vescovi on the other team's C down low. He's doing it more and more and it is costing a lot of points and fouls. The opponents know he will bite and they keep running the same plays to take advantage. He should stay inside no higher than the foul line to defend the drive and passing lane if the assigned G's don't fight through the screen quickly enough. The offside F is supposed to move down and cover the opponent's C when that happens - which is Pons most of the time. Much better match up. If the opponent G pulls up outside for the J, Bowden and Vescovi still have time to challenge the shot. Vescovi got a block today in a similar situation.

But I love Fulky. All Vol that gives everything he's got and has improved so much.

4.39 at 238 lbs.

Wth is Clemson injecting their players with? I swear they are cheating.

He was an 88-rated 3 star. 11 offers, only 3 big ones - Clemson, Michigan, and Nebraska. Mizzou was his only SEC offer. Few major coaches noticed his talent and now he's a very highly regarded NFL prospect. I know it happens all the time, but Clemson seems so full of these types of outliers.

Bituli 4.84 40. Wow

Yet somehow he still seemed very effective at covering the entire field.
Way TOO much emphasis put on combine. Turn on the tape and watch. You don’t have to have exceptional speed if you know where you are going and take great angles.

Reactions: Devo182
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back