Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
he was fascinating to watch. His deep shame which kept him in hiding his past coupled with how he flipped from being Mr. Nice guy in the pods to Thuglife at the resort was bizarre. He came in there with a rough exterior and then sabotaged the evening projecting his past rejections into her before he even told her.

Then as she tried to reasonably process the shocking information, he immediately rejected her before he could be hurt by her, not allowing her to reach a conclusion.

That was interesting

Agreed. Also thought it was interesting how he was very cocky to start. He was very typical of a self-loathing person that has issues with loving who they are. You want to feel sorry for people like that but their quickness to lash out and push others away before they can be hurt makes it hard.

I'm sure growing up in the church and being at odds with his religion makes it worse. I had a roommate when I was 18 that was a clone of this guy. I tried to be accepting of him but he made it impossible and ultimately had my apartment robbed and specifically my room trashed. I was the only one who wouldn't take his ish and he hated me for it.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
What in the actual Eff...

Anyway Day 1 thoughts from the combine so far.

TN: Callaway is helping himself in the measurables, Jennings about as expected, DWA likely hurt himself with a slower than expected 40 and didn't do the bench. His 35" vertical was 5th among TEs though

I think Jalen Hurts and Justin Herbert have helped themselves a lot among QBs working out.

Hurts: 6'1" 222, 31 3/4" arms, 9 3/4" hands, 4.59 official 40, 35" vertical 125" broad jump. Has thrown the ball well in drills and looks to have good footwork in his dropbacks (he could be this draft's "next Wilson")
Herbert: 6'6" 236, 32 7/8" arms, 10" hands, 4.68 official 40, 35.5" vertical 123" broad jump, 7.06 3 cone, 4.45 20 yd shuttle. Showcasing his athletic ability his cone time was best among participating QBs, 3rd in the broad jump, 4th in the 20 yd shuttle, 3rd fastest 40, 2nd best vertical. I think most people expect the first 2 QBs to be Burrow & Tua...but Herbert might have set himself up to be the 3rd taken and with this sort of combine workout might have moved himself into the top 10-15 picks.

I think the Chargers will take him if he's available and Burrow/Tua aren't. I think they'd rather take Tua but I'm not sure the Dolphins or Lions pass him up.

Jordan Love from Utah State appears to be the other QB everyone is falling in love with. Miami does have 3 1st round picks, they may try to swap that top 5 pick to someone really wanting Tua and settle on Love/Herbert later on in the first.

I kind of love the NFL Combine/Draft buzz. I know not everyone is into metrics though. Today we'll get the RBs, OL, PK, & ST results

Reactions: StoVol and VOLSONLY
Serious question. How long before sports here in the USA is affected by the Coronavirus? Im starting to get uneasy about the economic impact in particular.

Will be interesting. I think we are just a few months away from people avoiding all large crowds altogether globally.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
don't go looking at 401ks, ira's or investments in general unless you need a good cry.

Lost $10K this week alone. Finally got it above $100K and it started dropping, smh. (Keep in mind I’ve only been out of school less than 6 years, others may have way more than I do and lost a lot more)

Serious question. How long before sports here in the USA is affected by the Coronavirus? Im starting to get uneasy about the economic impact in particular.
Most viruses are seasonal and diminish with warmer weather see influenza. The 4 types of coronavirus that people can acquire have been seasonal.

Lost $10K this week alone. Finally got it above $100K and it started dropping, smh. (Keep in mind I’ve only been out of school less than 6 years, others may have way more than I do and lost a lot more)
yeah, i only logged in to get some tax forms...and man....i wish i could unsee what i have seen.
giphy.gif

I dont like 401ks...I like to invest money myself, but yeah, we down bigtime this week.
i don't either. i still have one, and i contribute the minimum to get the company match, but now most of what i do is on my own, after tax dollars.

i don't either. i still have one, and i contribute the minimum to get the company match, but now most of what i do is on my own, after tax dollars.
I don't think I get a company match so there is no reason to even bother. Money market and stocks have been good for me. Plus any match is not worth me not being able to access my money.

I don't think I get a company match so there is no reason to even bother. Money market and stocks have been good for me. Plus any match is not worth me not being able to access my money.
lol...well, i like "free" money......but yeah, the not having access, and a looming liability that just keeps growing are big drawbacks. finally figured out a while back, you're better off doing most of your investing with after tax dollars, pay your gains taxes as you go, invest in some whole life that has tax free distributions, and....cash. gotta have it. plus i have the HSA contributions as well, and i have that in a fund too.

it's not easy though. and honestly, not for everyone. my wife and kids think we're poor. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back