Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm late so probably already covered but..
For all you guys saying Cochran can't do this or that at Ga, exactly who in their weight room are you expecting to turn him in?

And if someone did tell, who exactly is going to punish them? The same SEC official making sure they don't cheat in recruiting?

I'm late so probably already covered but..
For all you guys saying Cochran can't do this or that at Ga, exactly who in their weight room are you expecting to turn him in?

And if someone did tell, who exactly is going to punish them? The same SEC official making sure they don't cheat in recruiting?

Dang it charger we were just turning the page with the robo-marine.

@InVOLuntary - praying for you and your family. My dad was diagnosed with Dementia a year ago. He’s clearly in the later phases of stage 6. Has gone really fast, but knowing how long stage 7 can last, my brother and I are honestly scared for him. As tough as life is for him now, he has hell ahead. This disease is terrible.

Just to let you all know, my mom finally lost her fight with Alzheimer's tonight. I appreciate all of your prayers, thoughts, and kind words. She's at peace now.

I would like to ask for three things:

1. Give your loves ones an extra hug tonight, especially your parents if you can.

2. Keep my family in your prayers, especially my dad.

3. If you have an Xtra dollar or two, give it to the Alzheimer's association or another Alzheimer's organization for old InVOL. This is truly a wicked disease that needs a cure

My family has just began this fight and journey with my Aunt. It's truly pitiful how fast it hits and they deteriorate.

I'm sorry for your loss, prayers for your family and especially your poor Daddy.

No offense but this post reads very bipolar.
It is. I could have cared less about the MLS until Atlanta got a team. I always watched EPL. No reason to watch mediocre soccer if I wasnt pulling for my team. Now Atlanta has a team and we sell out almost every home game. They are a lot of fun to go to so I am all in. They do not come close to my Vols though. I can get over a loss in soccer pretty fast. When we lose to Florida or Bama, I am pissed all weekend. I was mad about GSU until BYU. Then I was mad about BYU... Then we went on our winning streak and I am back to 12-0 for next year. Oh the cycle.

The real evil is that society is more worried about someone getting high than they are human suffering. I see these poor people every day, and yes I see abusers...and I don't care...addicts gonna addict..I know because I was one. Not one hurting person should be forced to suffer, in any way, just to keep a million morons from killing their fool selves.

It infuriates me...I can not describe to you how much the phrase "war on opiates" or even the general "War on drugs" sickens me.

Addicts that don't want help are gonna addict no matter what you do...like I said I know because I was one. Not one law ever made ever stopped me from getting drunk or high for almost a decade.

Addiction is the enemy, and you can't save an addict by force..

Yessir, the media has pushed their agenda. The government has made laws and changes to stop that 5-10% of abusers/addicts to the detriment of the other 90-95%.
Really drives me crazy.

Read a piece during recession. There was one place in the entire US that was more recession proof than any other. Would you like to guess where it is? DFW.

I recall hearing piece on radio years later, about how Texas small towns are recruiting workers to come work. I know folks from ETN who've moved there to work in OI.

Not saying its land of milk and honey. Just saying, if you want a good job. May not be a bad place. Just be aware, everyone says 'Texas' a lot, a whole lot. Also, that's where the Lincoln Navigator guy is from, cant stand that guy.

Spent time in Texas in advanced flight training. Drove in from Pensacola and drove out 9 months later to San Francisco. Not a fan, although Austin is ok as a college town and San Antonio's riverwalk is cool. It's just that they take such pride in being really stupid. To quote Jerry Jeff Walker: My favorite place in Texas is right in the middle, that way, no matter which way I go, I'm leaving Texas.

Spent time in Texas in advanced flight training. Drove in from Pensacola and drove out 9 months later to San Francisco. Not a fan, although Austin is ok as a college town and San Antonio's riverwalk is cool. It's just that they take such pride in being really stupid. To quote Jerry Jeff Walker: My favorite place in Texas is right in the middle, that way, no matter which way I go, I'm leaving Texas.

My condolences...

You had a reputation as a guy who was a leader and wasn’t afraid to challenge his teammates. Who on this team, or at least on the defense, steps into that role now that you’re gone?

Bryce Thompson, the young corner, he can most definitely do it. My safety, Jaylen McCollough. Honestly, there isn’t just one guy. The whole team can do it. Among DBs, the whole group can do it.

On that defense, the DBs start it up.

The front is what gets the game going, but if your DBs make plays, they’re out there flying around, your DBs are picking the ball off and doing what they’re supposed to do, the rest of the team is going to come with ’em.

I’d say the whole back end. Bryce Thompson, Jaylen McCollough, Trevon Flowers, you got Theo Jackson, I could keep going. There’s just so many good people I can name who can step up and do that and I believe in ’em. I really believe in ’em because they’ve been doing it. If I’m yelling at somebody trying to get them right, they’ll be right behind me like, “Come on, you gotta do this. He’s right.” So I believe those guys can do it.

— Ubben interviewing Warrior

Baseball>>>soccer
Somebody needs to lay off the crack
giphy.gif

Reactions: Wadetime
Congrats, @Bassmaster_Vol on the new house. (a tad late in saying that)

I get to start that process soon and have no idea what I'm doing. Gonna throw something at the wall and hope it sticks (or at least makes it to the wall).

Not meant to overstep, a few things I picked up over the years.

If you're still looking, location!
Can be a hassle but with a good foundation, everything on a house can be changed. But you can't change your neighborhood or your view.

If the house is chosen, set the amount you want and an amount you just shouldn't go over. Don't get swept up in bidding and go over, never worth it in the long run.

Don't end up with a higher interest rate or questionable line items just because someone in the process pushes you towards a certain lender for convenience or familiarity with a current lender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back