Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let you all know, my mom finally lost her fight with Alzheimer's tonight. I appreciate all of your prayers, thoughts, and kind words. She's at peace now.

I would like to ask for three things:

1. Give your loves ones an extra hug tonight, especially your parents if you can.

2. Keep my family in your prayers, especially my dad.

3. If you have an Xtra dollar or two, give it to the Alzheimer's association or another Alzheimer's organization for old InVOL. This is truly a wicked disease that needs a cure

Sorry for your loss, no words. 😢

Just to let you all know, my mom finally lost her fight with Alzheimer's tonight. I appreciate all of your prayers, thoughts, and kind words. She's at peace now.

1. Give your loves ones an extra hug tonight, especially your parents if you can.

3. If you have an Xtra dollar or two, give it to the Alzheimer's association or another Alzheimer's organization for old InVOL. This is truly a wicked disease that needs a cure
So sorry for your loss. We are having to face this too, so even though it is a different disease, I kind of know what you have been going through, the tumors in my mothers brain are slowly taking her from us. At this point I just want her suffering to end.

I pray that you and your family feel the presence of the Comforter strongly in this time of grief.

So sorry for your loss. We are having to face this too, so even though it is a different disease, I kind of know what you have been going through, the tumors in my mothers brain are slowly taking her from us. At this point I just want her suffering to end.

I pray that you and your family feel the presence of the Comforter strongly in this time of grief.
Praying for your family as well. I lost my mom and dad 2 years apart from each other back in 2013 and 15 and its something I dont think you ever get over.

Praying for your family as well. I lost my mom and dad 2 years apart from each other back in 2013 and 15 and its something I dont think you ever get over.
Yeah..we just lost our stepdad to pancreatic cancer back in Nov 17, so we are going through that same kind of shock..that is the only word I know for it. There was only a year between my stepdads death and moms diagnosis.

What is so crushing about mom though is that the cancer she has is normally extremely non-aggressive, slow growing, and very amenable to treatments...but mom fell into that 10% or so of patients whose cancer does the exact opposite. It has spread everwhere, and treatment didn't even slow it down a little.

Yeah..we just lost our stepdad to pancreatic cancer back in Nov 17, so we are going through that same kind of shock..that is the only word I know for it. There was only a year between my stepdads death and moms diagnosis.

What is so crushing about mom though is that the cancer she has is normally extremely non-aggressive, slow growing, and very amenable to treatments...but mom fell into that 10% or so of patients whose cancer does the exact opposite. It has spread everwhere, and treatment didn't even slow it down a little.
I hate to hear that. Cancer sucks, it has taken out most of my family. That was what got my dad , lung cancer and my mom had some many strokes and we thought that was what would get her but she came home from the hospital and fell and hit her head on the side of a door facing and her brain started bleeding and that was what got her. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Sorry McGill, shock is the only way to describe it. It’s a horrible experience hearing a Dr. tell you that your loved one has cancer. Prayers for you and your family

Agree I don’t think we ever get over it. It gets a little easier but there’s always that void. Its almost like a part of you goes with them🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

All the best to you and your family InVol.

Reactions: drvenner
Agree I don’t think we ever get over it. It gets a little easier but there’s always that void. It was almost like a part of me died as well🤷‍♂️
It gets a little easier but that is about it. Now I have moved back to Tennessee and living in their house for now and that makes it worse to be honest. It all seems like it happened yesterday

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Praying for you and your family.

My condolences. May the Lord comfort you and your family.

Sad news. Sending our condolences to you and your family. Thinking of you.

So sorry for your loss.....Alzheimer’s is TERRIBLE.

Praying God comforts you and your family through this difficult time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back