Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true. Jayden beat out a redshirt junior who had starting experience. JT beat out Matt Fink who was in his 3rd year.
The junior Jayden beat out had 57 career attempts. Fink had 18. Point was all those examples didn't have to compete with anyone who had more than a handful of attempts in college. They were on the same experience level so may as well go with talent. Different situations than ours. Also, JT went 5-7. Jayden 8-5. Howell 7-6. Nix 9-4. Maybe bailey is an exception like Lawrence was. My point is it's very rare and true freshman QBs usually have a lot of growing pains.

Need advice.

Currently at my favorite local bar. Got done with work early, have the next 2 days off, and haven’t eaten all day, so I stopped for a pint or two and a bite.
There is a guy here, clearly inebriated. He works here but is off the clock. He is sexually harassing his female coworkers as we speak. It’s not blatant, but it’s there, and it’s making the two ladies uncomfortable, at least to my eye.

Do I say something?
Yes.

The junior Jayden beat out had 57 career attempts. Fink had 18. Point was all those examples didn't have to compete with anyone who had more than a handful of attempts in college. They were on the same experience level so may as well go with talent. Different situations than ours. Also, JT went 5-7. Jayden 8-5. Howell 7-6. Nix 9-4. Maybe bailey is an exception like Lawrence was. My point is it's very rare and true freshman QBs usually have a lot of growing pains.
But...you said NO UPPERCLASSMEN...not that other stuff you just worded. It’s not that rare and if Bailey’s the best coming out of Fall Camp it won’t be some new precedent.

Honestly I'm torn between Sting & Stone Cold for greatest wrestler of all-time.

I lean Sting because I cut my teeth watching his epic matches with Flair, Vader, Luger, etc. in NWA/WCW...but that stretch of giving everyone the bottom line and stunning folks was epic.

I also haven't watched wrestling since HS.
I'm sure most would consider Flair the greatest wrestler. I lean more towards Ricky Steamboat and Curt Henning. As far as icons go it's hard to argue with Stone Cold Steve Austin, Sting, Hulk Hogan, the Rock, and the Undertaker. You can throw Flair in the icon list as well along with the Macho Man Randy Savage.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
giphy.gif

@David Ubben
just wants to watch a cigarette burn in a child's mouth.

Say something to the manager in my opinion. You should bring it to someones attention but you don't want to get into an altercation with a drunk guy if you can avoid it. That's my take.
Surprise turn...he asks the hostess to speak to the manager...the drunk guy is the manager...dun dun dun

Reactions: gainesvol82
Need advice.

Currently at my favorite local bar. Got done with work early, have the next 2 days off, and haven’t eaten all day, so I stopped for a pint or two and a bite.
There is a guy here, clearly inebriated. He works here but is off the clock. He is sexually harassing his female coworkers as we speak. It’s not blatant, but it’s there, and it’s making the two ladies uncomfortable, at least to my eye.

Do I say something?
Mention it to the manager and just be aware that this would NEVER happen at your local Applebees. Food for thought

Tell the guy that the ladies will never sleep with him. I can't imagine anything going wrong.

Yeah. That's where I got the info. Check it.
It failed you. Malik Willis was the favorite to start for Auburn going into Spring...lot of Nick Marshall comparisons. And Joey Gatewood is the next great hope at Kentucky...was on the Auburn roster and a highly touted recruit. Not nobody.

It failed you. Malik Willis was the favorite to start for Auburn going into Spring...lot of Nick Marshall comparisons. And Joey Gatewood is the next great hope at Kentucky...was on the Auburn roster and a highly touted recruit. Not nobody.
Willis and gatewood had a combined 69 yards passing before nix arrived. Sorry I didn't specify returning upperclassmen with more than mop up duty experience. Figured that was somewhat implied. Though I do love a good semantics debate. That is what I meant. We have at least 2 QBs on the roster with more game experience and pass attempts than any of the 4 QBs mentioned had to compete with. Jt, Jayden, nix or Howell. If bailey does it, great. I'm just saying it should not be a surprise if he doesn't because it is rare. Regardless of the perceived talent difference between the experienced returning qb and the true freshman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back