Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thread from last night is "VirginiaVol" making a thread announcing he walked out of the game. Posted at 9:40 lol. Dude went all that way, paid for all that, then walked out right before the epic comeback. You'd think Vol fans would know better than that by now.
My brother bought tickets just as soon as they announced we was going to the Music City Bowl, we all know how that ended. Bought more tickets to go to Florida, ended up with about $1000-$1100 tied up in tickets and left early. Didn’t realize we won until he got back to the motel room. 😳 Needless to say I have laughed at him till I cried!

This is exactly why State shouldn't have fired Moorehead when they did. I know they didn't get along and people will say it was 'cultural' or what have you but the truth is that State thinks that the two good seasons and several mediocre ones they had under Mullen suddenly made them elite. They have totally forgotten that they were Vanderbilt pre-Mullen and now they're Vanderbilt post-Franklin. Yes, they can have good seasons and even an exceptional one now and then but they are still Mississippi State. It will take far more than Mullen's tenure (which is frankly over-blown because they are State) to transform them into something else. If I were an up and comer, there's no way I'd take the State job -- they have the expectations of Alabama and the resources of Mississippi State combined with an SEC schedule. I'd take a non-SEC job (even a more obscure one that didn't pay as much but was more prepared to support a coach) and wait until a favorable p5 job came open.

Reactions: RiotVol
Not sure who Mississippi State thinks they are firing a guy two years in at a historically terrible program. Doubt they find anyone better.
He had one of the more talented defenses in the nation, Senior quarterback and kylin hill at RB. Still underachieved with one of their most talented teams. Had multiple players missing every week for suspensions and people punching the quarterback. Ole Miss put some pressure on them with the Kiffin hire.

Shoutout to @volatil for calling the game when we were still down 2 touchdowns. That's some OGBaby spirit right there.
Speaking of that OGbabyavi guy...what a call by him after the Bama game to say we were going to #WINOUT the last 6 games to finish 8-5. That guy is unbelievable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back