Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 team playoff helps Tennessee because elite recruits will no longer be so heavily concentrated to our two rival opponents each year (UGA and Bama) and our regional recruiting rival Clemson. It may take time to take effect, but it’s better than where we are now.

We need each conference to go into a round robin regular season format though.
To be honest I like the system just the way it is. When it goes to 8, then your 9 and 10 teams will be butt hurt. Then you’ll have people wanting 16. The more teams you put in the playoff, the less important the regular season becomes. College football has the best regular season in organized sports as it stands now IMO. Leave it at four teams, but scrap the committee. Just too much room for human bias and selfish ambition to have a group of people decide who the best teams are. Use the BCS format to determine the four best teams, and if you don’t make it, shut up and do better next year.

Lane At ole miss makes it harder but it doesn’t shut down recruiting
Our guys are fine and we are about to start winning alot
pruitt has a lot more respect then kiffen
Let’s stop acting like ole miss is about to become the next bama dynasty
He will out recruit Matt Luke, but it will only affect us on 2-3 recruits per year. The barn is always our biggest thorn in recruiting.

Kiffin at Ole Miss will hurt A&M more than anyone (not named Miss State and Ark). Taking the LA leftovers and MS recruits. May help push them out of West TN as well.

To be honest I like the system just the way it is. When it goes to 8, then your 9 and 10 teams will be butt hurt. Then you’ll have people wanting 16. The more teams you put in the playoff, the less important the regular season becomes. College football has the best regular season in organized sports as it stands now IMO. Leave it at four teams, but scrap the committee. Just too much room for human bias and selfish ambition to have a group of people decide who the best teams are. Use the BCS format to determine the four best teams, and if you don’t make it, shut up and do better next year.

Teams that believe they deserve a shot will always feel left out despite how many slots are available, but that doesn’t mean we should never expand. My point is that all the elite recruits look primarily at playoff teams as their destination. Those teams are attracting a disproportionate amount of talent now. We need to encourage more parity in some way.

Reactions: Devo182 and Sleegro
Teams that believe they deserve a shot will always feel left out despite how many slots are available, but that doesn’t mean we should never expand. My point is that all the elite recruits look primarily at playoff teams as their destination. Those teams are attracting a disproportionate amount of talent now. We need to encourage more parity in some way.
I’m pretty much of the mindset that you just have to get better. LSU hasn’t been in the playoff in years past, so they did the necessary things in order to improve enough to qualify. Tennessee has all the resources to get there, we just have to do it. Still a couple of years away before we can really compete with the upper tier programs IMO.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Both Tua and Joe could do great things in the NFL - in the right orgs. Or, they could end up being Jameis and Marcus. Both have been operating in systems this season that translate well to the NFL. The one or both that go to teams that do not have to trot them out there for a year or two will be the most likely to succeed.
in a weird way, if tua makes a full recovery, this injury may help him. For instance, say burrow goes #1 overall to the bengals and tua goes #29th to the saints, sits behind brees next year and then has kamara and Michael Thomas in their prime as soon as he’s ready.

Mock Draft yesterday...

Taylor and Smith 3rd round

Warrior 6th round

JJ 7th round

Callaway and Bituli not drafted

2020 NFL Seven-Round Mock Draft: Patriots, Raiders, Chargers take QBs on Day 2; Steelers start with RB

That sounds about right to me. I think trey is the biggest wildcard. He could go as high as 10 but could fall to the 3rd or 4th. I also agree callaway will be drafted. He’s proven an ability to help in special teams and will run in the 4.4s i bet.

in a weird way, if tua makes a full recovery, this injury may help him. For instance, say burrow goes #1 overall to the bengals and tua goes #29th to the saints, sits behind brees next year and then has kamara and Michael Thomas in their prime as soon as he’s ready.
Tua ain't falling that far unless his injury is bad enough that he may not play anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back