Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN Power Rankings:

14. Tennessee Volunteers (3-0)
Previous ranking: Unranked
This week: vs. Alabama State (Wednesday)

I wasn't as high on Tennessee as some in the preseason, as there were major questions about the Volunteers' frontcourt and how they were going to replace Grant Williams and Admiral Schofield. Jordan Bone was another key personnel loss, but freshman Josiah-Jordan James was a capable replacement on the perimeter. Well, Rick Barnes certainly found his new frontcourt in Yves Pons and John Fulkerson. The junior duo went toe-to-toe with Washington's top-10 tandem of Isaiah Stewartand Jaden McDaniels and helped lead the Volunteers to an impressive 13-point win over the Huskies in Canada. Pons and Fulkerson combined for 29 points and nine rebounds. With Tennessee's backcourt as good as expected, the Volunteers are absolutely a threat in the SEC once again.

ESPN Power Rankings:

I wasn't as high on Tennessee as some in the preseason, as there were major questions about the Volunteers' frontcourt and how they were going to replace Grant Williams and Admiral Schofield. Jordan Bone was another key personnel loss, but freshman Josiah-Jordan James was a capable replacement on the perimeter. Well, Rick Barnes certainly found his new frontcourt in Yves Pons and John Fulkerson. The junior duo went toe-to-toe with Washington's top-10 tandem of Isaiah Stewartand Jaden McDaniels and helped lead the Volunteers to an impressive 13-point win over the Huskies in Canada. Pons and Fulkerson combined for 29 points and nine rebounds. With Tennessee's backcourt as good as expected, the Volunteers are absolutely a threat in the SEC once again.
We have Fulkys hair to thank.

Dolphins arent tanking directly on the field per se. they are tanking via the GM and roster moves. As a dolphin, I dont mind it. Better than middle of first round where it feels like an overdraft or a pick that has zero excitement.

Before the Magic game last night we went to a restaurant near the arena that was apparently the spot for the Bill's club. I was cracking up at how pumped they were getting by beating the dolphins. Imagine claiming your that big of a fan yet not realizing the dolphins WANT to lose this. smh.

Also had my anti bullying tee on and got on TV. Said nothing about the magic nor wizards. Just UT. "UT baby, we comin. Florida almost lost to Townsend at home."
I liked the move of trading minkah but no idea why you all traded Tunsil.

Reactions: RiotVol
ESPN Power Rankings:

This gives me the “happy feels” on a Monday morning. We may be in for a pleasant surprise this year.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Gotta quit thinking about how we should be 7-3 with a good chance at 9-3 and 10 wins with a bowl.

View attachment 239086

I heard a media person say this last week and at first I didn’t buy it but I’m starting to think he’s right

He said if ga state/BYU didn’t happen we wouldn’t have beaten the SEC teams we did. His thought was it was those awful losses that got this teams attention and allowed them to grow. I think I agree

I heard a media person say this last week and at first I didn’t buy it but I’m starting to think he’s right

He said if ga state/BYU didn’t happen we wouldn’t have beaten the SEC teams we did. His thought was it was those awful losses that got this teams attention and allowed them to grow. I think I agree
Been saying that for 3 weeks lol

Reactions: ionaVOL

Agree as well. Sure it sucks to not have a chance at 9-3, but I think it does mean more to this rebuild to be 7-5 and 5-3 in conference than having the same record and being 3-5 in the SEC.

Agree as well. Sure it sucks to not have a chance at 9-3, but I think it does mean more to this rebuild to be 7-5 and 5-3 in conference than having the same record and being 3-5 in the SEC.
agreed. i don't think anyone thought we had a shot at being better than 4-4, and really with most thinking 7-5 being the record, the SEC record would most likely be 3-5.

finish 3rd in the EAst in year 2? i'll take it. now....just need to go make it happen............

The Tua stuff is already getting on my nerves. It’s everywhere this morning. I mean, I truly feel bad for the kid, I really do, but I feel bad for all players that have injuries, serious or not. Why is Tua so special? He isn’t winning the heisman, his team probably won’t make it to the playoffs, his team won’t win the conference, or even its division. The “prayers for Tua” and hourly updates and what not is ridiculous.
Exactly..🤬🤬🤬

OMG..the Tua crap is making me want to puke sooo bad..🤢 I hate the media hype machine, and the billions of sheeple that lick it up like the servile little brainless scum eating amoebas they are. 🤮🤬
Yup, I hate it for him, but not any more than I hate it for kids who get hurt. There was even another kid who was carted off during that game and all they initially wanted to talk about was ****ing Tua.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

Before the season started I thought 7-5 would be a great record and 6-6 would be good. Still feel that way regardless of how we get there.

Yup, I hate it for him, but not any more than I hate it for kids who get hurt. There was even another kid who was carted off during that game and all they initially wanted to talk about was ****ing Tua.
Backlash has set in with me...it really makes me have to fight feelings I don't want to have...it is not Tuas fault. I mean the dude sucked out loud in the NC last year..he is a good QB no doubt, but how long is 2nd and 26 going to carry him? Dude is fragile as it comes, and was surrounded by all 2 deep all world talent...I mean come on...🤦‍♂️🤢🤮

Not sure when you have been, but the rivalry has calmed down the last roughly 10-12 years. I went to Gainesville in 1999, and it was rough. My brother is mild mannered too, and a UF fan picked him out and said something to him. Then the walk back to the car was quite interesting. Back in those days, the fans did not like each other.

The older fans are fine....good natured teasing and pretty friendly. It's the little bratty, spoiled f**cks from South Florida that are the problem. They are a bunch of nasty POS's.

Ive had a lot of run ins over the years. The drunk sorostitutes are the worst. I had one a few years back that tried to lower her shoulder and run into me. She ended up bouncing off of me and falling in heap on the sidewalk....she then got mad and started cussing me out while my wife and I laughed at her.

They aren't as bad now but we're insufferable while Meyer was there. I've even seen them go in on Hawaii fans and the cups full of piss is a real thing. If some of the things I've seen happen were done to me, I'd probably be in jail right now. The cocktail party gets real trashy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back