Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to see it to believe it. AD is a disaster. The AD is a guy with no AD experience. He was an internal hire from a different department because they couldnt find anyone. He has zero relationships with agents or coaches.

Boosters just threw a fit and they fired a guy 21 games in. Terrible look even IF they reached out to CBS before hand.

Culture is a disaster in that locker room. If CBS got overwhelmed at OU during yearly playoff contention, would he really be for a complete rebuild with a proven impatient booster base?
Big boosters are really never as emotional as us normal fans and alumni. If they are throwing major money out there, you can bet they have their bets hedged. JMO

Reactions: crazyguy
Big boosters are really never as emotional as us normal fans and alumni. If they are throwing major money out there, you can bet they have their bets hedged. JMO
Not necessarily. Boosters can and will be just as emotional and will throw money to fix stuff. They are also hollering at a guy with ZERO experience in this space. You really think the "AD" will put his foot down?

Reactions: Devo182
Who would Lupoi replace if we hired him?
Pruitt is in position with his coaches (1 more coach on the offensive side) where he could absorb a loss of an offensive side coach and just add Lupoi as an extra defensive coach (without losing any coach on D). for example, if Weinke(sp?) were to leave, Chaney could become the OC/QB coach without any disruption. With all that said, there will probably be at least a couple coaches leave as happens most years. Finding a spot for Lupoi would NOT be a problem.

Guys..... I did the deed
giphy.gif

From my friends who work in ADs, big boosters as a group are fairly representative of the rest of society. Some super emotional, some level headed, some a little of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back