Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players only meeting is a good thing IMO. They prolly straightened out Murphy and let the younger guys know that the way they played wasn’t acceptable. Pruitts guys know what’s up, he only recruits winners....

I hope
Orrr the younger guys let the older guys know it was unacceptable

At least we ve caught up on the hot, over priced, water down beer.
Right in time for the Mormons and following one of the worst losses in school history. If we dont win the meltdown could be so ugly it's the first and last time we sell beer in Neyland. SMDH

I can see both sides to this, abstaining the younger players from public rebuke, having stories run wild about injuries and attitude on the practice field. But on the other hand, what schematic advantage is there to closing practice, what’s the big deal?

For me, I’m not going to connect with the players anymore if I had 24/7 access or not. Freakly, I don’t want that access (nor do I care). I don’t read a single practice report anymore. Nor do I listen to any interview with recruits. Maybe I’m getting old.

My joy is talking ball with you guys, making fun of each other, and deciphering whether or not a source is full of bovine scat.

I don’t care if the media has any access. But I would if I was in the media. Because again what’s the big deal.

I think the leaders of the team should be the voice of the program. There is no reason to not let freshman talk to the program if they are the leaders of the team. I dont want to give Butchs players a mouth piece if they are cancerous in the locker room. I would rather give someone like Henry T or Wayna a chance to talk since they are playing and they are the ones that are being counted on to make a cultural change.

Reactions: StoVol
Hurricanes at night is the scariest thing out there. You have no idea where the water is, no idea if a tree is about to crush your face and no idea when its dying down. You just sit there, hoping the crash ends far away rather than close by. Only get up to get another beer or liquor drank. Or in @Bassmaster_Vol case, a zima.

And my family will be facing that tomorrow night, minus the drink. Pray please.

I think the leaders of the team should be the voice of the program. There is no reason to not let freshman talk to the program if they are the leaders of the team. I dont want to give Butchs players a mouth piece if they are cancerous in the locker room. I would rather give someone like Henry T or Wayna a chance to talk since they are playing and they are the ones that are being counted on to make a cultural change.
Freshmen have enough going on trying to acclimate. Last thing any of them need is for something to be taken out of context and have our idiot media run with it.

Btw, this is exactly what the media wants. Us to be having conversations about them.

Poor poor media cry babies. They can get bent.

I agree with them tho. It’s silly to be so locked down year round. Let the media and even fans into your program and it creates energy and appreciation. Nfl teams sell tickets to training camp for a reason.
If freshmen earn the right by showing a mental maturity, I wouldn't mind. But let's not confuse inviting the fans into the program, with our pitiful excuse for media trying to snag a "gotcha" comment from a kid.

Or NFL pros with freshmen.

Rob Lewis is a ****ing crybaby!!!!!
**** him. These local media guys are like a bunch of damn high school girls. They live for the drama bc they aren’t really that good at their jobs. If I was fulmer I’d cut their access from all UT sports until they can start trying to be part of the solution instead of always trying to turn the fans against the university. So to Lewis and ubben especially, **** you guys, your nothing but **** starting crybaby little bitches......... GO WORK SOMEWHERE ELSE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Freshmen have enough going on trying to acclimate. Last thing any of them need is for something to be taken out of context and have our idiot media run with it.

Btw, this is exactly what the media wants. Us to be having conversations about them.

Poor poor media cry babies. They can get bent.
I care less about the media and more about the players who are responsible for the cultural change to have the necessary tools to do so.

I could see how it could cause a problem, but I think part of being an elite college/pro athlete is knowing how to ignore the noise and focus on what you want to accomplish.

I think I would rather put up with a couple bumps during a year that is bad if it helps facilitate a change but over the last 3 days and after some experiences in the past I could see how it could go really bad also.

Will anybody actually turn in their fan card and quit if we lose Saturday? I talk a big game but if it came down to it I think I would still be around. It’s a certainty I wouldn’t spend the time or money to go to a game, but I would still watch games, even if it is on in the background.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
Is there any FBS program that has open practices like they do in the pros? I think all the paranoia is pretty silly as well, but it's not like Pruitt is some outlier in that regard.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Will anybody actually turn in their fan card and quit if we lose Saturday? I talk a big game but if it came down to it I think I would still be around. It’s a certainty I wouldn’t spend the time or money to go to a game, but I would still watch games, even if it is on in the background.
I quit once, can’t remember the exact reason anymore but I was gonna awhile. Something keeps dragging me back in...

Nah, I'd be here.
I'll be here even if we reach the point of giving away the free beer for the 1st win and I don't even drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back