Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly out of style. If you care about current fashion. But not so much that you'd look ridiculous if you really prefer a leather jacket. Riding a motorcycle is of course the exception.

Leather jacket = never, ever in fashion.

there's a reason leather jackets are confined to very niche stores.

see also gold jewelry...socks with sandals...perms...mullets...and spray tans.

you know, Florida fans.

tenor.gif
I’ve not purchased winter clothing in 20 years. Can a man wear a stylish leather jacket these days or is it out of style?
View attachment 230363

Yea looking at him he definitely looks the part. But when the game starts it just doesn’t translate.
i think part of the issue with him during games has been in part due to JG....some on the types of routes we ask him to run, and then some of it is on him....

but who knows. i think we all have seen enough of MC and JJ to say they're pretty good WR's, and we got a display of MC's speed last week, something he's not been able to show off enough.....point being, we've always thought they were good, but we've never seen either be a consistent weapon.....and a lot of that simply boils down to opportunities, moreso that skill level.

kinda feel the same with DWA.....a lot of the stuff we've done with DWA has been on the edges and at the sidelines...not near enough in the middle of the filed where he can get on the seam and show off some of his skills or on drags/crossers that he can use his big frame to shield and catch....be an outlet/possession guy...

to me, you could look at how the Steelers used to use Heath Miller or how Carolina uses Olson....that's the mold of TE i see DWA in. i dont' think he's a kelce/gronk/Grahm type of TE....if that makes any sense.

Reactions: HankHill
i think there's been so much talk about the instate guys being the core, and those pretty much all being defensive guys, not a lot has been said about the offensive side of the ball outside the OL, QB and RB we currently have.

Hyatt looks like he could certainly be a play maker down the line....and redshirting BJ was a move for the future....and they're not done at WR...not sure who else we're' going to realistically get at this point, but i'm sure they're not going to let up on Jarrett, even tho that feels a bit like a pipe dream...same with Gilbert. safe to way Washington is definitely not coming here.....

i'm sure we'll see some resetting of the board, maybe some other offers.....but i don't think it's as bad as it seems on the surface. we need more depth at WR, but short term we'll have 4-5 guys next year that can play. should see Sean Brown and Jackson Lowe (hopefully) come in to their own at TE......RB will be fine i think, and we're adding Hodge to that room.

WR and TE will be question marks next year, but the biggest thing about recruiting those positions for this classs is adding depth....and if we can get an immediate contributor like a gibert or jarrett....then even better.

Johnson, Palmer (assuming he returns), Gibbs, Tillman, Keyton, & Means on scholarship and I still have hope Montgomery becomes a walk-on diamond in the rough.

TE though I agree, big question marks. Pope has started to assert himself as a great blocking TE which is nice...but Fant hasn't really found his home anywhere, and you've got 4 Freshman. Will need to see Lowe/Warren step up big time.

RB could be thin fast depending on what Chandler/Jordan decide to do after this season. In a very good spot with the OL since Kennedy is our only senior, but the assumption is Trey might leave for the draft early.

Wonder where Calloway & Williamson end up WR or Secondary guys?

Are we completely out on Elijah Young?

DWA has more yards and TDs than Wolf though...

He dropped a few against Georgia. I mean against Florida & Georgia I get why he didn't get a ton of separation, but he should have had a field day with BYU/Georiga State...oh wait, our QB was trying to land bank shot throws off defender hands in double and triple coverage.

Hopefully Maurer keeps improving and DWA starts feasting on slower/smaller matchups as the softer matchups in the SEC begin.
I can think of one play against FL where he got quite a bit of separation

Johnson, Palmer (assuming he returns), Gibbs, Tillman, Keyton, & Means on scholarship and I still have hope Montgomery becomes a walk-on diamond in the rough.

TE though I agree, big question marks. Pope has started to assert himself as a great blocking TE which is nice...but Fant hasn't really found his home anywhere, and you've got 4 Freshman. Will need to see Lowe/Warren step up big time.

RB could be thin fast depending on what Chandler/Jordan decide to do after this season. In a very good spot with the OL since Kennedy is our only senior, but the assumption is Trey might leave for the draft early.

Wonder where Calloway & Williamson end up WR or Secondary guys?

Are we completely out on Elijah Young?
i think calloway and williamson probably wind up in the secondary, but that's just a guess at this point. i thought Elihah Young was commited to Mizzou? don't know that that changes at this point.

the only reason the WR's will be a question mark next year is because it's not a lot of production returning, hardly any really....so, it's at least an unknown.

not overly concerned about the RB room. i don't think TJ or TC have done enough to warrant leaving early at this point.

I rewatched the first 3 quarters of the Georgia game yesterday, the thing that gives me so much hope with Maurer to help salvage this season.

He knows how to move in the pocket and has some good awareness. On that 73 yard TD he stepped up and away from the rush and the delivered a perfect strike.

He did the same thing again and again. The TD to Jennings was another well timed laser, then he hit DWA with one that got dropped. He just seemed comfortable with moving inside the pocket and finding his guys. Sure he was only good for 50% of his passes, but there were a bit too many drops especially on the opening 2 drives.

I rewatched the first 3 quarters of the Georgia game yesterday, the thing that gives me so much hope with Maurer to help salvage this season.

He knows how to move in the pocket and has some good awareness. On that 73 yard TD he stepped up and away from the rush and the delivered a perfect strike.

He did the same thing again and again. The TD to Jennings was another well timed laser, then he hit DWA with one that got dropped. He just seemed comfortable with moving inside the pocket and finding his guys. Sure he was only good for 50% of his passes, but there were a bit too many drops especially on the opening 2 drives.
yeah, his pocket presents was pretty good.........
:)

seriously, i do agree. he moved around in the pocket pretty well. has that natural "sensor". of course, he had no clule on the blitz that he got destroyed on...but overall, yeah, i agree.

Elijah Young is committed to Mizzou, but a good portion of our targets are committed elsewhere still. He's a Knoxville kid and would be a great get. I feel like the staff has given him his space and not pressured him, but he might end up staying home when all is said and done.

yeah, his pocket presents was pretty good.........
:)

seriously, i do agree. he moved around in the pocket pretty well. has that natural "sensor". of course, he had no clule on the blitz that he got destroyed on...but overall, yeah, i agree.

To be fair it's Georgia and Kirby Smart...I hated that he got lit up on that blitz, but it was also the only one. JG would have probably ate 3 or 4 blitzes not realizing where the pressure was coming from.

Elijah Young is committed to Mizzou, but a good portion of our targets are committed elsewhere still. He's a Knoxville kid and would be a great get. I feel like the staff has given him his space and not pressured him, but he might end up staying home when all is said and done.
Someone mentioned this the other day. Apparently the kid said he wants to go away for college.

i don't think there's any intel out there that suggests this? no idea if the staff has gone back to test those waters or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back