Recruiting Forum 90 Day Weight Loss Thread

Good post, is it true that too much protein kicks you out of ketosis?

Yes sir, it's very true that too much protein will kick you out of ketosis, and that's a great point. There are misconceptions that keto is a high protein diet, it's not. It's a moderate protein diet with high fat and low carbs.

After too much protein, it gets converted to carbohydrates, and the stored as fat. Through the process of Gluconeogenesis, your metabolic pathway will convert the excess protein to carbs.

Boom. I’m in. Let’s do this. Burn some fat on the weekdays, get drunk on the weekends. Let’s see what happens.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
I'll be doing modified IF. Probably a 14-16 hour fasting window. Gym 4/5x a week 4 days of lifting cardio 5 hopefully. Aiming to eat between 1800-2200 calories.

Boom. I’m in. Let’s do this. Burn some fat on the weekdays, get drunk on the weekends. Let’s see what happens.
Well, I’ve been following this plan for a long time. It’s actually not bad for maintaining at a weight. It has been pretty hard to LOSE any significant weight though. I might have to curtail the usual weekend shenanigans 😬

I’m just gonna do me and hope for the best.

I mean, I already go to the gym a lot but I do need to do more cardio. Try and make better food decisions as well. But diet and my lack of self control when junk food is around has always been an issue for me. Thank god for high metabolisms.

Reactions: quadlee21
Going to do intermittent fasting nothing but water before noon or after 8PM. Drinking only water with the occasional Coke Zero (at least until I've depleted the existing supply) and try to keep calories around 1800-2200 within my 8 hour window to eat.

Not sure I'll track macros or try to go low carb just yet. I might if I feel like I'm stalling. Will try to also get a morning cardio session in something light 10-20 minutes tops.

This is my routine as well. I’m on a 16/8 schedule with my eating window from 12-8. I wake up and make a few shots of Expresso and chug a glass of water. After that I usually coast til noon. 1st week to week and a half I would be starving by noon but now I can fast longer. I didn’t eat until 1:30 today. Also do Keto/low carb. Haven’t worked out once since I started close to 3 weeks ago and still lost about 8 pounds so far. I’ll start mixing cardio in soon.

So do we post our weight today or tomorrow? You clowns done got me confused lol

Sheet updated.

Again First Weigh-in is Sunday June 2nd, I'm not putting any weights in before then. And in order to have your weigh-in count you'll have to reply with "June 2 Weight: 123lbs"

It'll make it simpler for me to find weights, thanks! Should be fun.
Just re-posting as a reminder for tomorrow . Thanks again MoCo_Vol for tabulating for everyone! 👍

Is it cheating if i have surgery in the middle? Haha Not weight loss surgery, but i lost 25 after having my gall bladder taken. I never felt like eating.

I set myself up real nice. Got a little drunk tonight and broke my fast. Had McDonalds just now. Can’t wait for weight in tomorrow

VN Store

Back