Recruiting Football Talk VII

I kind of like the idea of taking that Illinois DT to pair with big Jeff. Not against Sweat either.

Also not against Dejean if he keeps falling. We need a safety

If they feel confident Burks can make progress and show he’s halfway decent, then they should go defense. But if they’re not confident, gotta take WR.
IMO, the biggest need for the Titans at this time is at LB. Cooper hopefully will be there.

Guys I would trade down for in this draft.
Roman Wilson
Jaylen Wright (if he truly falls to 3rd. Or I'd trade lower in the second to get him.)
Bowers (if I had a top 10 and saw he didn't immediately go)
Rattler if I needed a project QB. I think he has similar upside to Hooker.

Before anyone @'s me about Bowers and the lowered value of tight ends name me one dominant superbowl team that did not have a HOF TE?

The unicorn in today's roster is a multifaceted tight end. They can take the lid off of defenses better than any other skill spot.

Gronk
Kelce
Novacek

Roman Wilson
Jaylen Wright (if he truly falls to 3rd. Or I'd trade lower in the second to get him.)

Before anyone @'s me about Bowers and the lowered value of tight ends name me one dominant superbowl team that did not have a HOF TE?

The unicorn in today's roster is a multifaceted tight end. They can take the lid off of defenses better than any other skill spot.

Gronk
Kelce
Novacek
49ers of the 80's.
Steelers of the 70's

Reactions: DD4ME
Roman Wilson

Gronk
Kelce
Novacek
Are TEs values really lowering?

It seems the modern passcatching TEs are monsters in the league these days. And the Pats showed how a twin passcatching TE set could be near impossible to defend.

Coach Heup has mastered coach speak/saying the right thing and he's always uplifting.

It truly is a marvel how he can be that specific while not being that specific at all.

I think it's underrated just how smart he is. Just this whole conversation is just really interesting from a psychological level. The questions Pate asks and how Heup answers them.

Further solidifies the body type though imo.
Diverse tight ends are yesteryears fullbacks imo.

Czonka
Franco
SF in 89&90 had Jones (TE) and Ratham (FB) go for over 1100 yards combined.
I despise the 49ers but Roger Craig was the Swiss Army Knife on football field.

Great runner, receiver and pass blocker in Bill Walsh's offense.

I’m going an Elite Eight of: beers in the fridge vs lawn stripes, jet flyover vs gaming moments, muscle cars vs xtreme tricks, and action movie vs finding money.

Final four of: lawn stripes vs jet flyover and muscle cars vs finding money.

Championship of jet flyover vs muscle cars

Winner: jet flyover every time.

man I love seeing airshows..havent seen one in long time. I was playing golf one day by the airport and F-14 was doing display and it was the best seat in house. Seen F15,16, and 18, 117, but not F-22 or F-35.

Beer, Golf, and Tomcat..🤘

Reality kicks in on actually how old I'm getting when watching afternoon baseball and Bobby Witt Jr. Is a young star of Kansas City Royals.

I remember his dad pitching for the California Angels.
hell you are still a kid waiting for your balls to drop.

I generally agree. Still think Falcons are dumb, but i respect your theory on rationalization. There will be decent project quarter backs in later rounds. Rattler being one. They also could have simply traded down.
Oh, I get the consternation. I just don't see many project QB's becoming THE answer. I think Penix can be a franchise guy given the right development. It comes from watching Green Bay do this right for a number of years. I agree on trading down and waiting a year or two on drafting a QB if they saw one they liked coming up that they could trade up to grab.

Reactions: DD4ME and knoxvol52

VN Store

Back