Recruiting Football Talk VII

I wouldn't mind this under the circumstance we're in today. Somehow this franchise has to stop spending so much first rd capital on Olineman. I really don't want to be in this same place next year, looking for a LT.
For sure, the doc that screwed up Lewans knee surgery really screwed us. JRob letting Conklin walk was unfortunate too. JRob drafting Wilson was a catastrophe 😂😂

The Titans like all other teams have talked with, watched and worked out all of these guys. They have plans for all of them. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't but in the NFL NOTHING is a sure thing. JRob wanted to be NE south and tried to get old players with a year or two left Cheap and Diamonds in the rough in the draft. Didn't work out for him or Vrabel.....now they are both gone. Time will tell this time but at least they are making changes as far as systems that are more in line with today's NFL.

Some Friday morning armchair draft room notes.

Falcons: Cousins is coming off a serious Achilles injury at age 35, will be 36 at the start of the season. Penix is a short term project like Hendon. He will need a year of two to get ready as CRM builds his org and system of play. They took the long term view, which always starts with the QB. The questionable part was giving Cousins 180 M over 4 years with $50 M signing and up to $100 M guaranteed. That horse already left the barn though. If you view a rebuild as taking more than a year or two, they did it well IMO. Penix can be a franchise QB.

Bowers to the Raiders is a waste of talent.

Titans: Do you trust Dad Callahan or not? This value crap means nothing. A good LT and RT are both important and he is being paid a rookie contract deal. He is not a free agent RT that you want to convert to LT. He is an OT that you will try to convert to LT who you know will dominate at RT.

KC and Andy did it again. Just what they needed.

Bears - 👍👍
Wait and see in Latham I guess. Hopefully Callahan can get the best out of him. The clip of coach Mac praising Latham yesterday morning gives me hope.

If I’m the Falcons owner, I’m not happy with my GM right now. Not for picking Penix, but for not having a well thought out plan. Massive waste of money to sign Cousins then turn around and draft a QB. Maybe they think they can compete this year, with Cousins, idk.

Like someone mentioned a few posts back, trading back to get more picks in 2-3 rd imo is where it’s at.

Reactions: DD4ME

I’m going an Elite Eight of: beers in the fridge vs lawn stripes, jet flyover vs gaming moments, muscle cars vs xtreme tricks, and action movie vs finding money.

Final four of: lawn stripes vs jet flyover and muscle cars vs finding money.

Championship of jet flyover vs muscle cars

Winner: jet flyover every time.

Wait and see in Latham I guess. Hopefully Callahan can get the best out of him. The clip of coach Mac praising Latham yesterday morning gives me hope.

If I’m the Falcons owner, I’m not happy with my GM right now. Not for picking Penix, but for not having a well thought out plan. Massive waste of money to sign Cousins then turn around and draft a QB. Maybe they think they can compete this year, with Cousins, idk.

Like someone mentioned a few posts back, trading back to get more picks in 2-3 rd imo is where it’s at.
YOU NEVER KNOW..... Might be some teams out there expecting Nix and Penix to get down the board and within reach. If some of them are more critical at the position, there might be some GREAT trade potential that they were aware of. Could get a combo deal with a player of need and one or two developmental guys they feel better about than what they saw in this draft if they traded down for picks.

Way too many definitive slings and arrows this morning by the talking heads. Not to mention a Cousin's injury potential.

@Cosmo Kramer @butchna Does that rendering of a new Chicago stadium remind you too a bit of Neyland, being waterfront?

It’s got that advantage. Prolly why Warren veered away from a much more advantageous Arlington Heights opportunity on land they already own. That and being a downtown Chicago resident and close personal friend to Brandon Johnson.

VN Store

Back