Recruiting Football Talk VII

The NCAA is worse and just proved it in its blatantly rigged settlement for Michigan. Nothing is as bad as the NCAA. Nothing. Wake up.

Also iirc the transfer policy was the result of a court case.

And who created the free transfer system you goon???? THE NCAA!

WAKE UP SHEEP!

2 weeks from now and no one will even really remember Michigan got slapped. Rigged system.
Yup - celebrate that natty. They got away with it. Sign stealing, recruiting violations, the whole thing.

The root cause is as we have stated all along - N C A A. It is and has been corrupted to the core for decades.

We actually have fans and posters on here who want to continue to use them to administer the "rules" of college sports. To make NIL and stuff go away and make it like it "used to be", it was so good back then with the bag men and women.

I am looking forward to when the SEC and Big 10 "fix" things for the power schools. 🤣

They do own half of the league and put in $15mm/yr apparently. Obviously they could decide to invest more if they wanted. As could the wnba owners.

I'd say had CC taken Ice Cube's deal, it would have rattled their model. As-is they haven't seen investing more as making sense.

I do think someone will put a bunch into marketing the next few years. If you're not going to go all-in on this opportunity, then you never will. We'll see.
People watch golf and it has a history of money. No one but an idiot would bet on women's basketball becoming a money maker. Soccer says hi.

Reactions: Lloyd_Christmas
This or the Tyler Baron situation should have never been allowed. Transferring once a year is bad enough, but once you go through practices with a team, I think you should have to sit out a year.
That's what visits are for. If you change your mind after signing, then wtf is point of signing ? Answer; there is no point.

That's what visits are for. If you change your mind after signing, then wtf is point of signing ? Answer; there is no point.
Really just sickens me to see so many of these players make more money than some NFL starters to sit the bench.. then they complain to an agent they want more, and transfer to the next bidder. Just not college sports any more. It’s a semi pro league with no salary cap

Really just sickens me to see so many of these players make more money than some NFL starters to sit the bench.. then they complain to an agent they want more, and transfer to the next bidder. Just not college sports any more. It’s a semi pro league with no salary cap

Just bring back the sitting out a year rule. That's all it would take.

I say this knowing we have benefitted from the current rules, but it's not college football anymore IMHO

I like NIL 100%, but there does need to be a cap with contracts set in place. If you make money from a school, you need to be that schools employee and sign a contract, just like the NFL. There has to be some rule structure in place. More than likely a seperate league would have to be formed with super conferences outside of the NCAA's incompetence.

People like to argue that coaches can change jobs at a drop of a hat, but there are also contracts and buyouts in play.

VN Store

Back