Recruiting Football Talk VII

Tennessee basketball has scheduled a visit from an NCAA Transfer Portal prospect. The Vols this weekend are scheduled to host Darlinstone Dubar, a 6-foot-8 guard from Hofstra.

Dubar spent the last three seasons at Hofstra after playing his first season at Iowa State. Dubar averaged a career-high 17.8 points per game in 33 games this season, shooting 53.9% from the floor and 39.9% from the 3-point line.

Goodness

Rickey Vaughn? That you?
Rick Vaughn GIFs | Tenor

I once came out of the pen and went HBP, HBP, HBP. ‘Twas a short outing 😬

Truth.........

Gavan O’Herlihy did ok after being recast. Acted the rest of his life (died in 2021). Don’t know the name of the actor who replaced him in the second season. I was watching the episodes on Freevee a while back, and the last time we saw the character was the Christmas episode. Then they lightly referenced him for awhile before creatively only having two Cunningham children…and the Fonz.

Last edited:
Kentucky basketball just got better with the Scott Drew hire booo
He’s a tough out and will be much more dangerous with the UK basketball machine. But he’s a step below the elite coaches imo. Course Calipari had slipped below that in everything but one and done recruiting.

Why cant we just recruit HS ranks?

We had a post player...and he was pretty good
1. about HS recruiting -- did you see the rosters for the elite 8 teams and where all the players came from?

roster management today is 50/50, going all portal or all HS is a recipe for failure and frustration

If I could put Awaka's spirit in Aidoo's body I'd be happy

as it is today, I do not think we have the dominant big necessary

1. about HS recruiting -- did you see the rosters for the elite 8 teams and where all the players came from?

roster management today is 50/50, going all portal or all HS is a recipe for failure and frustration

Wish we could add about 50lbs of muscle on Aidoo

So going and repeating same thing for another 6'8" dude is best next step? DK aside, Feel like we shop in bargain bin aisle.

Reactions: knoxvol52
@TN-POSSUM can we get some laser beams coming out of her eyes? 😂 (that's her eye-balling John Whahdams)
View attachment 633426
Even Basilio who has Adams on his show called Adams out in his blog today:

"Tisk Tisk John Adams ...
spacer.gif
What Is John Adams doing with that question? I mean. What in the world is that? The veteran News Sentinel writer is going to end up in media detention with Tennessee's new head coach."

VN Store

Back