Recruiting Football Talk VII

Did you watch the game?
Yes, till about 7 minutes.

Edey got his, but they kept him from scoring 40. He was frustrated. Several times he drew the DT, and shooters were covered, or couldnt hit three.

What amazed me was how well UConn shot the ball, AND how wel they drove the lane versus Edey. He had no answer for the circus shots.

Edey got his, but they kept him from scoring 40. He was frustrated. Several times he drew the DT, and shooters were covered, or couldnt hit three.

What amazed me was how well UConn shot the ball, AND how wel they drove the lane versus Edey. He had no answer for the circus shots.

Yeah his teammates couldn’t do anything but Edey balled. And he nearly got 40.

What? Edey had an all time NCAA great type of performance…. He had 37 points 10 rebounds on 15-25 (60%) shooting.
Ok, got a bit carried away there.

Without the type of dominating performances the media is used to carrying his water to. There were times Uconn's defense was causing issues, such as the ball thrown for half court violation, turnover, and missed shots.

He's gonna get his. But, Uconn did what we couldnt.

Reactions: SCvol333
Yeah it’s prob that and not the fact I’m 37 years old.

Also I played D1 (base)ball. But go off.

Only one guaranteed group out there that is “beta”. And it’s dorks who call other dudes beta and/or themselves alpha lol
Lol D1 ball? Proof?
Haha okay sawfty

it’s the euro style of moving without the basketball…. I wish Rick Barnes would wake up one morning and decided he wanted to change to win a championship… Bring in a euro guy to update our offense…. UCONN held the rest of eddy’s teammates to 23 points… Amazing job.

For anyone who followed the convo on my opinions on Aidoo yesterday…..found one…this is one of the mouth breathers I was referencing
Stawp being so mean. It could really hurt people’s feelings and not feel appreciated. I might have to leave, idk.

Reactions: MarcoVol
it’s the euro style of moving without the basketball…. I wish Rick Barnes would wake up one morning and decided he wanted to change to win a championship… Bring in a euro guy to update our offense…. UCONN held the rest of eddy’s teammates to 23 points… Amazing job.
Isnt Santi a Euro guy? Also, wasnt Uros a Euro guy? I mean, it's not like we havent gone that route. It isnt some magic elixir.

Bottom line is UConn's players were more talented than ours. Multiple players could jump, shoot, and create shots when there were none. Their big could stand his ground. Our recruiting is good, but not elite.

I really just want him to alter his offensive methods he’s always been near perfect on his defensive methods…that will never change but this offense has..he still kinda plays big man basketball…could you imagine if we had edey knowing what offense Barnes would really like to run?… Paired with DK?👀 sheesh…the problem is the big man isn’t needed as much anymore and he hasn’t let go of that fully.

Isnt Santi a Euro guy? Also, wasnt Uros a Euro guy? I mean, it's not like we havent gone that route. It isnt some magic elixir.

Bottom line is UConn's players were more talented than ours. Multiple players could jump, shoot, and create shots when there were none. Their big could stand his ground. Our recruiting is good, but not elite.
I didn’t say euro players…. I said euro style of play…. Here is an article that helps describe the transformation.

I really just want him to alter his offensive methods he’s always been near perfect on his defensive methods…that will never change but this offense has..he still kinda plays big man basketball…could you imagine if we had edey knowing what offense Barnes would really like to run?… Paired with DK?👀 sheesh…the problem is the big man isn’t needed as much anymore and he hasn’t let go of that fully.
i don’t think his system scores well in the tourney…. Even with an all time great…. we struggled to reach 70 in most games…. Having Edey would have been a lot of fun.

Took my two youngest daughters to a concert last light. A group called The Crane Wives. I am going to be a walking zombie today but they had such a good time it will be worth every single eyelid dragging second of this day.
You got lucky…. one of my daughters is into K-POP…. we went to a concert awhile back…One of the songs was I scream for Ice cream….. They changed some of the lyrics but the teenage girls was going crazy. 😂

VN Store

Back