Recruiting Football Talk VII

Disaster 2nd quarter.
Will the Lady Vols super defenders tweet apologies to DW if the LV lose this game and don't make the S16 like it is looking will happen? Or will they stay holed up in their lairs waiting for another one off when the LV team plays like they should and DW doesn't award them their Champions of Life trophies?

T

They had eagle rare for $50.
I've got an old bottle of Maker's Mark. I think it's from 2000. . . it's a special edition. Has red, white & blue wax instead of the normal wax. I wonder if it's worth anything. I'd send a pic, but it's at my brother's house. We got it from Ruby Tuesday's around 2001-2.

Ah, just checked, apparently it's a 9/11 bottle. I thought it was for something else though. I thought the guy said it was something to do with 4th of july or something like that. It has the normal label, just colored wax. The 9/11 bottles seem to have a colored label too.

Georgetown, Great Exuma Bahamas. Early flight from Knoxville through Charlotte.
Oh very nice.

I’m on “Business” in LA (Lower Alabama) and good lord, don’t go looking for Bourbon down here. They are crazy high on prices.

Seen a couple stores from Mobile to the Island selling BT for $75, Bakers 7 for $129, Peerless for $159, hell even Bib 6 year for $75

Why did I turn on the Lady Vols game? Just got to watch the end of the first half. Ugly. So many uncontested shots for NC State and they are so tentative on offense. Talk about two teams that play with completely opposite mindsets.

I fully expect Kellie Harper to be let go after the season, once a replacement has been identified. This team is not well coached to the standards of this program. The sweet sixteen should be the minimum expectation for this program (fair to Kellie or not) and it instead looks like a ceiling. They consistently look like the worse team, even when they’re leading. They’re out of control, they make poor decisions fouling and taking bad shots, and at times they just look less capable. I do think they try hard, but that’s not enough. They don’t look like a team capable of and expecting to win the way a more talented team should. They should be dominating in a landscape that has far less parity than other sports. Instead their best performances are playing “competitive games” against those teams enjoying the success they should be having. Similar winning percentage as with Holly. Last elite 8 was under Holly. Last SEC regular or tournament championship was with Holly. Holly got 7 seasons with better results. They are underperforming, and I don’t get why. Maybe the answer is to chart a new path instead of holding on to the connections to Pat and hoping they can replicate her success. Not sure what the answer is, but Kellie ain’t it. Sucks because love her as a player and wish she was the answer as coach, but at this point I just don’t see it. Just like the end of Holly era, looks like we’re getting worse when we should be ascending.
I posted this when we were up 5 towards the end of the first quarter. Saw a clip of her pregame speech and was uninspired to say the least. It got me feeling and typing what I’ve felt all season. Now it’s half time and we are down 18.

No time out/adjustments made. No second gear on effort. Defense is non-existent. Kellie and the team should be embarrassed.

Yeah there’s no Candace Parker or Brittney grimes, but more than half the starters look like they don’t even belong on this big a stage. Change should be coming soon one way or another.

you're joking but I was talking to some friends about this yesterday

how ironic that we balled our fists up watching Uros play at times, but he would be the man for this job, exactly

playing Edey you basically have to engage him 100%, or not engage him at all. You'd have to start your enforcer, let him elbow Edey in the ribs until he gets thrown out, then start your real big(s) the rest of the way. You have to do everything you can to limit passes inside, then disengage completely if Edey gets it. He's going to score anyway, you're going to rack up fouls. Just nothing you can do. Let him score and try to outscore the rest of their team. could push the pace.

Unfortunately/fortunately we have a coach that wouldn't do that kind of thing, so we'll just see if we get lucky vs them. I think we'll have 10 fouls 5 minutes in, but whatever. Worthless to debate or plan until we win vs Creighton anyway. THey have their own challenges to present, though I do like our matchup vs them
We have to figure out a way to get past Creighton first with our abysmal shooting in the TX game, but yes, Freakin Uros would have been PERFECT. Oh I would have absolutely loved to see that matchup... Uros roughing him up, pissing him off, then insert Estrella to foul hard and piss him off, then comes Awaka and then finally Aidoo... we might actually win that game...

I've got an old bottle of Maker's Mark. I think it's from 2000. . . it's a special edition. Has red, white & blue wax instead of the normal wax. I wonder if it's worth anything. I'd send a pic, but it's at my brother's house. We got it from Ruby Tuesday's around 2001-2.

Ah, just checked, apparently it's a 9/11 bottle. I thought it was for something else though. I thought the guy said it was something to do with 4th of july or something like that. It has the normal label, just colored wax. The 9/11 bottles seem to have a colored label too.
Here's an interesting bottle. . . Tennessee orange, made in 1997 to celebrate our national title. . .not sure if it's for football or lady Vols basketball.
APR-4585.jpg

Why is anyone on here giving advice/opinion on where KY should find the next coach, who the best coach would be for them, or what they should do if Calipari leaves? Who gives a rip--- I hope he's ousted, the fanbase implodes, and the place burns to the ground just like we want with the gumps and football...

Will the Lady Vols super defenders tweet apologies to DW if the LV lose this game and don't make the S16 like it is looking will happen? Or will they stay holed up in their lairs waiting for another one off when the LV team plays like they should and DW doesn't award them their Champions of Life trophies?
Was coming here to say something similar lol

VN Store

Back