Recruiting Football Talk VII

We lost to Purdue 71-67. We held Edey to 23 and 10. Loyer was their leading scorer at 27pts. The next highest scorer had only 8pts. We held them to 4 - 15 from 3.

Knecht only scored 16 for us. Very quiet night for him. That was before he really blew up this season. Gainey had 15. Aidoo and Awaka combined for only 11pts. They really struggled inside. I think that's the biggest issue for us in that matchup because Aidoo can give us 15-20 against most teams but will struggle physically with a guy like Edey.
The only thing I vividly remember from that game is how much I enjoyed watching the ref show instead of the basketball game. 78 total free throws. 48-30 in favor of Purdue.

We lost to Purdue 71-67. We held Edey to 23 and 10. Loyer was their leading scorer at 27pts. The next highest scorer had only 8pts. We held them to 4 - 15 from 3.

Knecht only scored 16 for us. Very quiet night for him. That was before he really blew up this season. Gainey had 15. Aidoo and Awaka combined for only 11pts. They really struggled inside. I think that's the biggest issue for us in that matchup because Aidoo can give us 15-20 against most teams but will struggle physically with a guy like Edey.
Also remember Aidoo and Awaka racking up fouls early and often. Hope Awaka can reign in the unnecessary fouls against Edey, if we are so fortunate to face them in the EE. Having Aidoo and Awaka to throw at him makes us a better matchup against them than most teams.

Can't wait to hear people ride Jon Scheyer's willy wack after reaching the sweet 16 in year two

"Omg he's such a great young coach, what an incredible job taking a young Duke team that far in the tournament"

Yeah wow guys! Jon Scheyer gets the easiest job in college basketball with the number one recruiting class and he's winning games over inferior talent! Wow! Amazing!

Awaka is badass, but the refs will foul him out.

I hate Edey and the refs and the announcers...he just knocks the crap out of people and they get called for the foul...

I don't understand why they let him do this..🤷‍♂️

If Poor Man’s Ugly Yao Ming farts on a player that player gets called for a foul.

Yes, I was thinking the same. They got some three point shooter they were comparing to Curry last night. :-/

Noone in this world shoots like Curry esp in college lol... they have some guys that can get hot if left open just like most teams do but if they're not hitting their shots they are a very average team at best 🤷‍♂️.. ppl bring up the Uconn game where they won by 20 at home. They also hit like 16-17 3s and shot ridiculous % that game... we run em off the 3 and play our D & shoot the ball at our average or lil better we should do good against em. Jmo. They're very similar to Bama but I dont think they're as quick or as athletic 🤷‍♂️

They like to play their starters majority of the mins so their bench isn't deep. ZZ will lock down their 40yr old looking pg then SV JJJ Shack will have Sheierman & Alexander (their best 2 players in my opinion) Aidoo just needs to hold his own and stay out of foul trouble..

Last edited:
Noone in this world shoots like Curry esp in college lol... they have some guys that can get hot if left open just like most teams do but if they're not hitting their shots they are a very average team at best 🤷‍♂️.. ppl bring up the Uconn game where they won by 20 at home. They also hit like 16-17 3s and shot ridiculous % that game... we run em off the 3 and play our D & shoot the ball at our average or lil better we should do good against em. Jmo. They're very similar to Bama but I dont think they're as quick or as athletic 🤷‍♂️
Knecht can shoot like that when he gets hot. I just hope he has one of those games.

VN Store

Back