Recruiting Football Talk VII

Yea they're still on along with Jimmy Hyams for the most part. None of em have a clue besides to talk down on TN.

They was 1 part today. I forget if it was Bob or John. Said "TN is lucky Texas didn't shoot any better or we'd be talking about a different outcome today"..... well no ****. We can also say Texas is lucky we didn't shoot our normal or we'd be talking bout a 20pt comfortable win 🤷‍♂️ idiots. They'll give anyone a microphone these days.

Sounds just like football season “analysis”

This is a prime example of what is wrong on this message board…. Can’t have actual basketball conversation… Everything has to be 100% amazing or we are firing everyone… I am 100% a Rick Barnes fan…. One more win and i will be extremely ecstatic…… a final four/NC and build the statue.
No...you can say dumb 💩 all you want. We both say our offense has problems...you blame it on Rick Barnes "offensive style"...I blame it on never having more than one great shooter and blame it on Ricks "Defensive style".

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Not weird they have a huge dude that gets fouls for being breathed on. I say just give him his points when he gets a pass to avoid the fouls, but cutoff the passes to him and make him play D. Once he catches a pass in the paint it is over so concede and live.
Double him and make him kick it out. If he gets it down low, just let him put it up. He'll miss it about 20% of the time.

And then make their trash guards make shots.

This game is already over and Utah St let him beat them on both ends. Hacking him for no reason and then driving right into his chest praying the refs put him in foul trouble.

We lost to Purdue 71-67. We held Edey to 23 and 10. Loyer was their leading scorer at 27pts. The next highest scorer had only 8pts. We held them to 4 - 15 from 3.

Knecht only scored 16 for us. Very quiet night for him. That was before he really blew up this season. Gainey had 15. Aidoo and Awaka combined for only 11pts. They really struggled inside. I think that's the biggest issue for us in that matchup because Aidoo can give us 15-20 against most teams but will struggle physically with a guy like Edey.

Telling ya man...... am happy as a lark right now watching the basevols!

I doubt you're surprised with anything happening in that Purdon't game.

Knew it was gonna happen
If we get by Chreighton...no freaking way we beat Purdue unless we have one of those weird games we sometimes have where our shooters all go off at the same time and we hang 85-100 points on the board.

I've NEVER seen a team get consistently horrible crooked officiating as that garbage team gets.

How much you know about JD?

Met him? As cool to hang out with as he seems he'd be?
Played with him a couple times and went to his house for dinner one night (years ago)
Really good guy. Not fake...very genuine. Actually saw him give the "shirt off his back" to a young kid.

We lost to Purdue 71-67. We held Edey to 23 and 10. Loyer was their leading scorer at 27pts. The next highest scorer had only 8pts. We held them to 4 - 15 from 3.

Knecht only scored 16 for us. Very quiet night for him. That was before he really blew up this season. Gainey had 15. Aidoo and Awaka combined for only 11pts. They really struggled inside. I think that's the biggest issue for us in that matchup because Aidoo can give us 15-20 against most teams but will struggle physically with a guy like Edey.
If we get Dr. Jekyll Aidoo we win that game. If we get Mr. Hyde Aidoo we lose. I think it's that simple.

Tobe gonna foul out in about 45 seconds if this game and the Texas game are any indication.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

If we play Purdue we Need to get aidoo outside the paint and use his athleticism to get around Edey or shoot mid range jumpers that he’s very good at. Aidoo had no chance when he tried posting him up. Get Edey out of the paint and let Knecht and ZZ drive

VN Store

Back