Recruiting Football Talk VII

I don’t think it is an outlier game…. It is our style of offense that tends to lead to tight games…. Dan Hurley said that he played a similar style until he realized how hard it is to win 6 games in a row playing like that.
It's absolutely an outlier. Find me a game where we shot anywhere close to 12% from 3. Heck, it was 1-22 at one point. That's the definition of an outlier. We've never shot that poorly.

Aidoo and DK won it in the clutch moment.

We could have spent all offseason complaining about 3-25 from deep.

Now we never will have to and have a chance to get deeper and match history...if not more

The small moments matter and hardly ever go noticed. This time we took advantage and weren't on the other side.
JJJ played well, too. Awaka was great if he hadn't got on foul trouble. They all contributed, defense was awesome.

I don’t think it is an outlier game…. It is our style of offense that tends to lead to tight games…. Dan Hurley said that he played a similar style until he realized how hard it is to win 6 games in a row playing like that.
What do you mean by style? Nothing about Texas shooting 36% and having 17 turnovers should have been a close game. I don't think Barnes drew up going for 1/21 from 3 at one point.

It's absolutely an outlier. Find me a game where we shot anywhere close to 12% from 3. Heck, it was 1-22 at one point. That's the definition of an outlier. We've never shot that poorly.
A week ago against MSST.
The first MSST game for 32 minutes
SCAR at home
TXAM on the road.

They've done it several times this season.

Reactions: StoVol
Aidoo and DK won it in the clutch moment.

We could have spent all offseason complaining about 3-25 from deep.

Now we never will have to and have a chance to get deeper and match history...if not more

The small moments matter and hardly ever go noticed. This time we took advantage and weren't on the other side.
2 more wins baby till a final four!!!

On a night where we shot the ball almost as badly as you can, how refreshing is it to see this team go 7 out of 8 from the FT line to close out of the game? As bad as we collectively shot the ball we could have easily struggled from the line. Made them when it counted.

How about that ****ing defense though?!?
Defense was world-class.

VN Store

Back