Recruiting Football Talk VII

Honestly I think the offense is just as much to blame. In all 4 of the games we lost the offense failed to score 21 points, but the defense gave up at least 28, 3 of them were away games with the only game in Neyland being Georgia. But our LB group got hit the worst by attrition, if we had played Missouri at full strength in the back 7 I think we would have dominated them.

I think Schrader is a special teams guy starting out, wouldn't mention him in the same sentence as a Lynch...but he could easily be a Danny Woodhead type of player and carve out a career for himself although Danny ran a 4.38.

Yeah I don't know, there's a chance he just isn't good running 40s and is faster than the time. It happens, not many players practice that sprinter style of stance/take off.
Get off your high horse...the only reason I used Marshawn as an example is because he was not thought of as a slippery speedster, he was known as a very violent runner that ran over and knocked the 💩 out of fools...you can call Schrader whatever you want, but he is a violent runner.

I never said or meant that he was in Lynchs echelon as any kind of runner..violent or otherwise, just that there is a place for dudes like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: franklinpence
What baffles me is it seems like every year the SEC picks a team no one will expect to be very good and just straight up lets them get away with everything.

South Carolina was that team this year, I've watched half a dozen of their games and for them to be 13th in the SEC in personal fouls a game is an absolute JOKE. (only Vandy had less called on them)
Last year, Texas A&M they went to the FT line 25 times a game, nearly 3 more than any other team in the SEC.
The two seasons before then it was the Razorbacks flopfest and Jaylin "always taking a charge" Williams
2019-20 it was Auburn, who shot a staggering 26.4 FTAs per game 2 more than the flopbacks even!

The craziest part is none of these teams have won the regular season OR conference tournament during the year they seemed to get different officiating...
They are the ones that turned that game into a rugby match...and then bitch non-stop.

I agree, Drae did himself no favors publicly. I don't think the culture of a team should be "We protect our own at all costs and handle discipline internally."

It should be, "We are a brotherhood that stands for a creed and we will follow that culture, even if one of the brothers betrays our creed."
Good luck teaching that...not that I disagree.

They are the ones that turned that game into a rugby match...and then bitch non-stop.
It seemed to me that USCjr's strategy was basically to foul every play and assume there are too many fouls for the refs to call them. I think that caused a lot (not all) of our trouble near the basket. It was good practice because we may see another game like that before the year is over. Gotta find a way to power through down low and slam some buckets home.

I don't pay any attention to those chickens clucking about the officiating.

Last edited:
Lol! Hilarious! I only got to watch the last half of the 2nd half, but imo they weren’t called for enough fouls especially in the last 4 mins. Our guys were getting hammered to the ground, and they were over the back on rebounds with no whistle against them. That’s part of the reason they made it too close for comfort. They were getting away with murder.
They were knocking Knecht around like a ping pong ball and...crickets for the most part....the TV guy made a joke about needing an ice bath after the game.

I really wish Aidoo was about 30 pounds heavier...he gets absolutely bullied and bull rushed under the basket on defense by strong physical dudes...they just move him back.

It's not his fault...I love the kid...I bet he wishes he was bigger and stronger too, but he just doesn't have the frame for it really.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra

VN Store

Back