Recruiting Football Talk VII

Imo Pearl brought us back to true relevance since Bert and Ernie. I was a student then and it was amazing...Memphis and Texas games were legendary. Barnes has taken us to even higher levels and for a longer period. Awesome!

God bless you @Devo182 everything you just said has always always been everything I was ever trying to say..im totally ok with people having complete displeasure with Bruce over him lying and putting the university in jeopardy. it’s a fair judgement but when you completely discredit his achievements here that’s when I have a major issue especially when you can’t give facts..

Bruce brought fans back to an arena that was always empty because of buzz.half of that area was blacked out with curtains to make it look full capacity..the student section was nothing like it is today and the arena itself was a ghost town..

Wait until March. this place will be a mad house when we go 🥶🥶 unexpectedly…we’re coming in too hot..But bruce will always be close to my heart I was super young watching him coach and the lineups he had were legendary in my eyes…I was at the Texas game when Lofton drained the Dagger over Durant (loudest I’ve ever heard that place till this day) Beating Memphis staying up late watching it ended up being late to school the next day😂.the body paint in the student section…getting the legendary Pat summit out of her comfort zone and singing rocky top at halftime and they both helped each other recruit players…

a lot of people forget how close Bruce and Pat were.she thought a lot of him and I never heard her speak highly of any previous coaches that was here the way she did Bruce.just hits different for me and he hasn’t really dropped off since he left so.

I’ll always be rooting for him..irks me people ignore what he achieved here over a hotdog😭😂 blows my mind.
Late for Sunday School? Memphis game was on a Saturday night.

Oh sure, it's cool and all until those hands decide to start squishing people or snap the bridge in half or something. I mean, we don't even know whose hands those are, for crying out loud.
"You know who else has hands?..The DEVIL!...and he uses them for holding!"

Lol..."Walk Hard" reference for those that never watched it..

Wait until March. this place will be a mad house when we go 🥶🥶 unexpectedly…we’re coming in too hot..But bruce will always be close to my heart I was super young watching him coach and the lineups he had were legendary in my eyes…I was at the Texas game when Lofton drained the Dagger over Durant (loudest I’ve ever heard that place till this day) Beating Memphis staying up late watching it ended up being late to school the next day😂.the body paint in the student section…getting the legendary Pat summit out of her comfort zone and singing rocky top at halftime and they both helped each other recruit players…

a lot of people forget how close Bruce and Pat were.she thought a lot of him and I never heard her speak highly of any previous coaches that was here the way she did Bruce.just hits different for me and he hasn’t really dropped off since he left so.

I’ll always be rooting for him..irks me people ignore what he achieved here over a hotdog😭😂 blows my mind.
I like Bruce and I wish none of that had ever happened...I don't get the hate either, other than I hate errybody that ain't a Vol.

Anyone with a VQ sub. Will you please ask them to talk to whoever they need to about getting the media mics. It’s an awful product they post. Having to use context clues of what the question was. Thank you.

Agreed. I was really interested in the Sims and Ingle intro PCs but you can’t hear any of the questions.

Idk why but I just got really excited remembering we landed Zalance Heard this offseason.

He and Campbell might be the best tackle combo we’ve had in years.

And with guys like Sham, Bennett Warren, and Ginther (who I think is under rated)… we could be set up nicely for the future at that position.

Which VN jerkwad was this:

Despise people like this. Ruin the fun of the game for everyone there just so they can hear themselves talk. Do they think by putting down players they are supposed to be a fan of they are superior in some way? They pay money and use time to do this.

I like Bruce and I wish none of that had ever happened...I don't get the hate either, other than I hate errybody that ain't a Vol.
It’s simple. I hate that we can’t enjoy what we have now because people want to talk about Auburn’s coach because he once coached here. And it’s usually in a way to put down Barnes. They can’t wait for TN to fail so they can talk about how much better another team’s coach is. Some of them were salivating wanting Auburn to beat Tennessee! Not many comments when Tennessee won.

Happy Wednesday

March 6, 2024: Dealing with issues of life is not easy, but you are equipped to do all that is necessary. I am your very present help in trouble, says the Lord. Ask and it will be given; seek and you will find. I will open doors that have been shut to you and bring you through every challenge in victory. Believe it and receive it. Matthew 7:7-8 Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Maybe a unpopular take but I love conference tournaments. They start the chaos early, tournaments give the APSU team that was 4th in conference a chance to make it into the Big Dance.

Of course they are about the cash but also gives teams hope.

Maybe a unpopular take but I love conference tournaments. They start the chaos early, tournaments give the APSU team that was 4th in conference a chance to make it into the Big Dance.

Of course they are about the cash but also gives teams hope.
I agree with you….. Basketball is a tournament sport.

Still cant believe how lucky we were that Barnes fell into our lap. I wonder if Texas is salty about firing him, then him coming here and doing what he's done while they're still being Texas?
I remember at the time when Texas ran Barnes off and we got him that I couldn't believe it and I wondered if the Texas AD had just come off a meth bender bankrolled by Dave Hart. I mean we went from My Cousin Vinny to Rick Barnes, unbelievable.

VN Store

Back