Recruiting Football Talk VII

She'll be playing against other women who were also very good in college.
Maybe a couple of which were the prolific players she was in college.

She’s dominated USA Basketball for a few years now.
She’s in the running to make the US Women’s Olympic team.
She’s scored more points than any woman in NCAA history.

She’s going to be really good in the WNBA the second she steps on the court.

Bruce turned an actual minor issue into a major violation. People who continue to defend him all these years later are deluded. No one forced him to lie about a damn picture. He chose to, and in so choosing, put our entire program at risk.

tenor.gif

Wizzer…how soon we forget Jermey Pruitt and Donnie tyndall. @Weezer

If you’re going to throw rocks at the glass house..make sure you’re hitting all 3..Bruce hasn’t been the only coach that cost us.doesn’t change the fact out of the 3 he brought the most swagger and history back to the university..still in my opinion a sold hire when nobody knew who he was.bruce was a diamond in the rough just like vitello.Tennessee made his coaching career take off and that always seems to be the case here just like with lane kiffin

Pearl lied to investigators not the athletic department, he lied about meaningless secondary violations that would have given him a slap on the wrist…what about that is on the athletic program?
The Univeristy knew why the NCAA was on campus….. A good administration would have went over it with their coach and the responses that should have been given…. I am the Boss at my job and when state comes in…. I control all variables…. what we say and what we don’t. The NCAA is not your friend and looking for us to screw up…. We have a good example of that happening in the last month or so.

Ok, but is sure seems, as one would expect given UT's success in BB lately, sure seems like allot of BB discussion in here. ;)
I guess you're actually new to the recruiting forum. This discussion thread is kinda open to everything but religion or politics. It's just for the regulars of this forum.

The actual recruiting threads are the ones associated with players. This is just general. I wasn't being snarky when I said "ask the BB forum" i was saying that because they'll know the full recruiting situation.

Also, welcome to the recruiting forum. If you're a moran you can stay.

Maybe a couple of which were the prolific players she was in college.

She’s dominated USA Basketball for a few years now.
She’s in the running to make the US Women’s Olympic team.
She’s scored more points than any woman in NCAA history.

She’s going to be really good in the WNBA the second she steps on the court.
she is going to be a stud

She'll be playing against other women who were also very good in college.
The same women that haven't accomplished near what she did during her college career. She'll have value at the bare minimum as an off-ball shooter. She's going to have a great professional career, and I don't see a reason not to pull for her success.

The Univeristy knew why the NCAA was on campus….. A good administration would have went over it with their coach and the responses that should have been given…. I am the Boss at my job and when state comes in…. I control all variables…. what we say and what we don’t. The NCAA is not your friend and looking for us to screw up…. We have a good example of that happening in the last month or so.
Right our athletic program is way better now due to leadership, but that doesn’t mean we should give Pearl a pass for being a DA…

Bruce turned an actual minor issue into a major violation. People who continue to defend him all these years later are deluded. No one forced him to lie about a damn picture. He chose to, and in so choosing, put our entire program at risk.

tenor.gif
And just like that, VN became water carriers for the NCAA lol

Right our athletic program is way better now due to leadership, but that doesn’t mean we should give Pearl a pass for being a DA…
Pearl doesn’t matter….. Its about the University and that cost us a really good coach… It didn’t hurt as bad as it could have bc Barnes became available after a couple bad hires.

Pearl doesn’t matter….. Its about the University and that cost us a really good coach… It didn’t hurt as bad as it could have bc Barnes became available after a couple bad hires.
And I mean Cuonzo really wasn't that bad of a hire

Two NIT's after a scandal and a sweet 16....just sayin

Last edited:
Reactions: hooter vol
Its not the size of the hoop that matters, it's the stroke of the ball.
Smaller ball has a better chance to go through the hoop, more margin for error in women's basketball. That's why the state fair uses a much smaller than regulation hoop so it's much more difficult to win a prize.

Now that the combine is over, seems like it's time to speculate.

Titans picking 7th and a lot of mocks have them taking an OT... I actually think they'd be smarter to try and trade back and pick up a 2nd pick in the late 1st or early 2nd.

Not sure any of the OT are really top 10 worthy...I think they'd be better off snagging an EDGE guy if they stay 7th and Verse is the guy I'd want. Turner too if he's still there.

I think he'll go a bit early, but if Wright falls into the 3rd and the Titans can snag him I think he'd be a perfect guy to help fill the void Henry will leave.

Reactions: drylo and GiggerVol

VN Store

Back