Recruiting Football Talk VII

Harper has to go. We need to bring someone in who can reignite the Lady Vols brand. We cannot play a full game and it’s sad to watch. Put LSU on their heels all game only to choke in the 4th. Happened a week or two ago with SC, same exact scenario.

On February 25, 1964,

Cassius Clay wins 1st Heavyweight Title

A crowd of 8,300 spectators gathered at the Convention Hall arena in Miami Beach to see if Cassius Clay, who was nicknamed the “Louisville Lip,” could put his money where his mouth was. The (8-1)underdog proved no bragging fraud, and he danced and backpedaled away from Liston’s powerful swings while delivering quick and punishing jabs to Liston’s head.

Liston hurt his shoulder in the first round, injuring some muscles as he swung for and missed his elusive target. By the time he decided to discontinue the bout between the sixth and seventh rounds, he and Clay were about equal in points. A few conjectured that Liston faked the injury and threw the fight, but there was no real evidence, such as a significant change in bidding odds just before the bout, to support this claim.

View attachment 622850
75903b1d-e6b6-4e0d-ab39-9f703e2f81a7_text.gif

Hope so. He earned it. But I doubt he made anywhere remotely close to his FMV like players are approaching these days...or as his own coaches were able to.

It's just absurd the policies the NCAA imposed.
i can agree with it…. This situation never would have come to this if the NCAA had just a little bit of common sense.

The Taco thing always made me laugh bc players were extremely well taken care of during the Fulmer era.

He also ate plenty of food despite the contrary.

Yeah there's no way Arian Foster wasn't being taken care of at a high level. That's what rubbed people wrong about his comments. Athletes have always been paid. It wasn't open then but it was absolutely a part of it. Still. I've always liked Arian and am glad he's back in the fold but acting like he was starving when athletes have always had it far better than their peers will never be a good look.

Yeah there's no way Arian Foster wasn't being taken care of at a high level. That's what rubbed people wrong about his comments. Athletes have always been paid. It wasn't open then but it was absolutely a part of it. Still. I've always liked Arian and am glad he's back in the fold but acting like he was starving when athletes have always had it far better than their peers will never be a good look.
Yeah i agree 100%….. it always bothered me for the same reason…..He probably made more than his true NIL value.

I wished this many years ago and it may be too late now...

But throwing a bag at Dawn Staley seems like a no-brainer. Of course this should have happened a decade ago.

She makes $3mm. Offer $4 and see what happens. The ability of the LVs to turn money on the program is far greater than at USCjr. They have no history or great care of the program like the LVs do.
that would be hilarious if it happened.

Ok!…who recommended the bronzer👀😂😂

View attachment 622881
5uyw9grlefz71.jpg

VN Store

Back