Recruiting Football Talk VII

Is it just me or do we keep landing late Saturday games?

Gimme the nooners or 2:30 games all day.

The last month+ has felt like a struggle just trying to stay patient all day, only to fall asleep as soon as the game ends 😅

I hate this 🐂💩 (shout out to Bubba McGill)
You should be able to stay awake if you just wait a few extra hours before popping your geritol, gramps.

Is it just me or do we keep landing late Saturday games?

Gimme the nooners or 2:30 games all day.

The last month+ has felt like a struggle just trying to stay patient all day, only to fall asleep as soon as the game ends 😅

I hate this 🐂💩 (shout out to Bubba McGill)
ESPN hates Tennessee puts all their basketball games on Primetime T.V.

They don't understand most of Fan base is asleep by 7:15.🧐

There is a certain joy in being a day behind (like I am now). The awesomeness here just seem to go on forever in that situation. And what a milestone day for truth and for the Vols!

Rage on, brothers and sisters! 🍊 I'm trying to catch up.
Tell @VolsDoc81TX the good news if you see him.

I laugh, but not kidding, it seems to legitimately be suppressed. It reminds me of the papers plastering a murder all over the front page, then sticking the innocent verdict at the bottom of page 7.
They wanted us to lose that court decision so bad. Its so obvious. The silence is deafening. This is literally the biggest news in forever and very relevant to the sports world, not just college football.

I can't think of anything more impactful to collegiate sports and student athletes as a whole. Maybe the start of the NCAA.

NiL was huge. Is it bigger than that? If not, then it has to be just below it.

I think it's bigger than NiL alone, since its alters how NiL is implemented and puts more power in the SA's hands and allows the universities and sponsors to drive a market. NiL couldn't reach it's potential without the positive ruling from this case. The market should correct itself in short order as well.
Side note...you keep talking about the market correcting itself...In my opinion this is not a "market" in the normal sense of the word.

In any normal market, billionaires do not throw insane money around with no intention of reaping a financial reward. This "market" will never "correct itself" because in essense it is not about collectives or other boosters making money off of players...it is all about the emotional attachment to the teams those fan collectives and billionaire boosters support....which means it's going to get insane.

It is what it is though...it's all screwed.

How big is this nationally? Is this a hot topic at USC/Oregon/Washington? Is it the biggest national collegiate sporting news to break this entire off-season?
Looking at other boards is a good perspective.

Vols247 - 8,000 views, 100 replies

Bama247 - 500 views and 17 replies (they are far more interested in some of their players being Muslims at the moment 😅...what a backwards state)

UGA247 - 600 views and 1 reply

USC - 1800 views and 60 replies. Their board is lawyer-heavy...

Oregon - 182 views, 7 replies

Washington - 700 views, 11 replies (their thread on Inge to Tennessee has almost 5,000 views and they're happy for him 😆)

What a bunch of crybabies. They went from saying about the Vols... “They’re dead in the water.” to this whiny ****.

Someone posted a tweet of this account saying we had no shot to win the case, I can’t seem to find it. If anyone wants to post it again it’d be greatly appreciated 😂

I can't think of anything more impactful to collegiate sports and student athletes as a whole. Maybe the start of the NCAA.

NiL was huge. Is it bigger than that? If not, then it has to be just below it.

I think it's bigger than NiL alone, since its alters how NiL is implemented and puts more power in the SA's hands and allows the universities and sponsors to drive a market. NiL couldn't reach it's potential without the positive ruling from this case. The market should correct itself in short order as well.
Paawwwllll had a professor from the U of Miami that is a lawyer and actually teaches sports law with a focus on NIL. Pawl asked him where this ruling ranked with the others in importance and the professor said this one would be number 1. It will be long remembered in history and sports law.

I laugh, but not kidding, it seems to legitimately be suppressed. It reminds me of the papers plastering a murder all over the front page, then sticking the innocent verdict at the bottom of page 7.
Yep. Majored in Mass Communications. It’s blatantly obvious to me.

Paawwwllll had a professor from the U of Miami that is a lawyer and actually teaches sports law with a focus on NIL. Pawl asked him where this ruling ranked with the others in importance and the professor said this one would be number 1. It will be long remembered in history and sports law.
I wish the bammers would do the world a favor and Eli gold ole paul. That being said, I agree with the professor from miami. It is a really big deal for college athletics.

VN Store

Back