Recruiting Football Talk VII

JSU at a Glance​

Located in the Appalachian foothills almost midway between Birmingham and Atlanta, JSU has grown from very humble beginnings as a state teachers college in 1883 into the Alabama regional university with the highest percentage of accredited programs.

View attachment 621559
Uhmmm...he knew that...hence the ongoing joke..🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Orange.
Any relation to Leroy Mercer?

Is he the McDonald's all american that went to The King's Academy and then transferred to Oak Hill back in the 90s?

Either way, whoever it was that went to TKA, I saw him do the long jump at a track meet. Insane. First time I'd ever seen someone with that level of athleticism in action. . . next was Jermaine Copeland in a scrimmage we had against Harriman. Dude hurdled a D1 level LB we had and casually outran our fastest player for about an 80yd TD on the first snap.
Only other Mercer I know is Roy D. Mercer..

I have finally realized that there are a few times where blocking a poster or ignoring a real life interaction does make your life better.

Funny thing about thieves..you let em steal $10 and get away with it...they will then keep coming back, bringing more thieves, and keep taking more and more until you have nothing left.

I get the ideal...but things ain't that simple when dealing with garbage human beings.

View attachment 621587
I wanted to say THANK YOU to whoever suggested listening to Sturgill Simpson during the "country music is dead" discussion a couple of weeks ago. My wife got me the "Metamodern Sounds in Country Music" cd for Valentines Day and it's exactly what I've been looking for. 'Long white line' and 'Turtles all the way down' have that old school, country sound I love and the rest of the album ain't bad either. (I would have probably enjoyed 'It ain't all flowers' more , if I would have been on LSD.)

*Anyone wondering, he's like a mix of Waylon Jennings and Keith Whitley.

Good call, VN!
Not a problem.

VN Store

Back