Recruiting Football Talk VII

Now that the mostly impaired are down for the count… I ask any and all of you to pray for my son. I’m a very private person, but this is weighing. He has been fainting a lot (a lot, means he’s hid it from me). They found a heart murmur but he’s had intense headaches for months and they’re going to check his heart and his brain. I can’t even, even. So, if I’ve seem off, that’s why. I don’t need any replies, just prayers please. I just need time to process. Thank you all.
🙏

Now that the mostly impaired are down for the count… I ask any and all of you to pray for my son. I’m a very private person, but this is weighing. He has been fainting a lot (a lot, means he’s hid it from me). They found a heart murmur but he’s had intense headaches for months and they’re going to check his heart and his brain. I can’t even, even. So, if I’ve seem off, that’s why. I don’t need any replies, just prayers please. I just need time to process. Thank you all.
My son has been going through the same thing. One of the valves in his heart wasn’t closing all the way. Four cups of coffee and two Red Bulls a day was a little two much caffeine for him along with being 100 pounds overweight. He hasn’t fainted in over 2 months now. With Gods help he’s on the way back to good health. I will be praying for your son.

Orange, thank you for sharing this and your honest vulnerability. I will offer my take:

I too had a spell where I fainted a lot. Like, every time I got up from my desk I was on the floor. Eventually spent three weeks in intensive care with no front teeth, a broken nose, four broken ribs, a brain injury and a ruptured septum

Finally had a doctor that asked WTF? Heart monitor for a month and turns out I have insanely low blood pressure. Who has LOW blood pressure?

Turns out I have a condition called orthostatic hypotension. I take a pill every day to raise my blood pressure and it has not happened in 18 months. Got my teeth fixed.

Funny, but my Dr. says, "hey dude you can have more salt on those fries if you want..."

Sorry to over share, but man I wish I had heard of the condition before I passed out 20 times
POTS!

I have a relatively mild, but still serious case of that as well. Salt and "consume fewer diuretics like coffee and tea" was the solution. Basically drink a gatorade a day to reduce heart palps and increase K and Mg levels.

Great day for Vols sports today
Lady Vols softball play Georgia Tech and UCLA today if weather permits.
12p.m. and 4p.m.

Tennessee Basketball at 6p.m. on SEC Network vs Vanderbilt

Baseball Vols at 8p.m. vs Baylor Bears on FloSports.
Which is a rip off .

As Always GO VOLS.

Last edited:
Have to comment. Know that I am praying for him, you and the doctors. 🧡🙏

Your post alone illustrates what an anomaly it is - you referenced four dudes, two of which didn’t even come here.

Facts are - odds are stacked low ranked dudes are more likely to be another Jarrod Means or Brandon Davis than a Cedric Tillman. Cheerlead away though. 😎
There's LOTS more...and you know it. Those are particular, glaring, EXCRUCIATING EXAMPLES for nerd worshippers. FACTS are that virgins running kiddie camps can't possibly identify every talent out there in that vast pool. An Aaron Rodgers doesn't even get a star and goes JUCO before he fills out and a Byron Young is an undeveloped runt and has to work at Dollar General store...happens WAY more than you're capable of admitting.
I will say, in cases like this, offer list is more telling than rank or lack thereof. He has been getting offers from P5 schools the last couple of weeks so it will be a wait and see type of deal I guess. I do still Cedric Tillman definitely was an anomaly with the low ranked guys, but even he didnt see any significant playtime or make any big plays (except the td against a&m in 2020) until he was here for 4 years. But it is really rare nowadays for a guy to sit his turn for that long

Hell, I’d become one if she did a bonus track rendition of Rocky Top on her next album or a cover at her next TN concert. The publicity on that alone…
Count me out on that….. that will just bring in young female fans and guys that drive Honda Covics…. Don’t think it will help much in recruiting… I couldn’t imagine having to hear the TS version of Rocky Top over and over again….. Plus hearing it sung at the games. 🤮

12p.m. and 4p.m.

Which is a rip off .

As Always GO VOLS.
Starting to feel like spring sports

12p.m. and 4p.m.

Which is a rip off .

As Always GO VOLS.
Basevols play Oklahoma tonight and Baylor tomorrow night.

I will say, in cases like this, offer list is more telling than rank or lack thereof. He has been getting offers from P5 schools the last couple of weeks so it will be a wait and see type of deal I guess. I do still Cedric Tillman definitely was an anomaly with the low ranked guys, but even he didnt see any significant playtime or make any big plays (except the td against a&m in 2020) until he was here for 4 years. But it is really rare nowadays for a guy to sit his turn for that long

My comments aren’t directed towards this player at all. Just a general mocking of how Cedric Tillman gets name dropped in every low/no ranked kids thread.

Reactions: walkenvol
Good one for me.

February 17, 2024: These are times when you must scrutinize how you treat others. Always choose kindness and consideration because that is what you desire for yourself. You will get as good as you give. If you want to be loved, you have to love those around you. Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.

There's LOTS more...and you know it. Those are particular, glaring, EXCRUCIATING EXAMPLES for nerd worshippers. FACTS are that virgins running kiddie camps can't possibly identify every talent out there in that vast pool. An Aaron Rodgers doesn't even get a star and goes JUCO before he fills out and a Byron Young is an undeveloped runt and has to work at Dollar General store...happens WAY more than you're capable of admitting.
😮He tried to insult you by calling you a cheerleader. And then you just keep naming names of players nobody cheered for.

Praying for answers and direction.

Prayer works. God's got ya'll.

VN Store

Back