Recruiting Football Talk VII

I'm a casual drinker. It may take be a couple of months to go through a six pack. If I do want a beer, I damned sure don't want to wait a couple of hours when I get home after buying it.

Calm down you lush. Stop cracking those cold beers in the parking lot and chugging on the drive home.

I have been known to struggle with this one.

February 15, 2024: Self-centeredness comes from a place of insecurity within you, which I want you to release to Me, says the Lord. When you find selfishness overruling your ability to be kind and generous, take time to rise up in the Spirit and receive the blessing of My care for you. Establish more concretely your relationship with Me. Philippians 2:3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.
Thanks for posting these. I read them everyday.

Steve Wilks fired from 49ers DC position, getting the blame for the loss.

Also the QB everyone said was horrible is now projected as a top 15 pick in draft . J.J. McCarthy..
QBs getting drafted higher than they should happens all the time. That's why we have busts.

We are clearly affected by him calling our games. We look like 2 different teams when he’s on the call versus anyone else. It’s probably a mental barrier at this point. Our last 4 games against ranked teams will probably have him as ref at least 2. Not looking forward to that.
If you notice, Adams makes the majority of his calls on drives to the basket and probably 90% of them he calls the foul on the D regardless of what happens. No consistency at all with the rest. He is bad as a ref, much worse as a crew chief. He has publicly bragged about calling the games as the rules are written, then does not call the T on Buzz Williams as the rule is clearly written in front of the whole world of basketball. Totally dismissive at what happens on and off the court. It is what he believes or wants it to be. Probably never made a 3 second or palming the ball call in his life.

I honestly don't know how guys like him can look at themselves in the mirror and not vomit.

Add in the Mobile, AL factor and there you have it. I hope he gets tossed out of reffing SEC games just like TV Teddy. CRB holds some sway and is respected nationally being on the rules committee. Maybe it can happen.

If you notice, Adams makes the majority of his calls on drives to the basket and probably 90% of them he calls the foul on the D regardless of what happens. No consistency at all with the rest. He is bad as a ref, much worse as a crew chief. He has publicly bragged about calling the games as the rules are written, then does not call the T on Buzz Williams as the rule is clearly written in front of the whole world of basketball. Totally dismissive at what happens on and off the court. It is what he believes or wants it to be. Probably never made a 3 second or palming the ball call in his life.

I honestly don't know how guys like him can look at themselves in the mirror and not vomit.

Add in the Mobile, AL factor and there you have it. I hope he gets tossed out of reffing SEC games just like TV Teddy. CRB holds some sway and is respected nationally being on the rules committee. Maybe it can happen.

We see it as fans at every level.

ETSU's last game at home. I have never seen more traveling in a game in my life. Really, no joke. The JC youth B9-10 had less traveling. Our guys would drive inside, get hammered. OTT, hard fouls.

We drive the length of the court and get a ticky tack foul on an offensive rebound. The away team is in the bonus by 4 minutes into second half. It defies logic.

I feel the opposite, I feel like Adams let's guys get beat to death under the basket, but he's quick to call touch fouls outside. That's why we struggle with him a lot imo, Vesco, James, and Shak are all very handsy on defense.

I feel the opposite, I feel like Adams let's guys get beat to death under the basket, but he's quick to call touch fouls outside. That's why we struggle with him a lot imo, Vesco, James, and Shak are all very handsy on defense.
To me its a weird 'let them play', by only calling ticky tacks. When in actuality he's pussy footing around wanting to avoid any conflict. Its about him and his ego. Probably thinks he is the game, and the game is him.

To me its a weird 'let them play', by only calling ticky tacks. When in actuality he's pussy footing around wanting to avoid any conflict. Its about him and his ego. Probably thinks he is the game, and the game is him.
I for sure get that vibe from him. I mean honestly have you ever seen another ref go to the monitor as much as he does? If he's on the whistle you can guarantee at least 2-3 trips.

We see it as fans at every level.

ETSU's last game at home. I have never seen more traveling in a game in my life. Really, no joke. The JC youth B9-10 had less traveling. Our guys would drive inside, get hammered. OTT, hard fouls.

We drive the length of the court and get a ticky tack foul on an offensive rebound. The away team is in the bonus by 4 minutes into second half. It defies logic.
I agree. It has always been hard for me to take basketball seriously because of it. It is throughout as you said.

As an example, I have read Adams' comments in articles. He talks about the crew circling up together to discuss how they are going to handle specific situations and calls pre and during the game. What?! He also brags about how the crew gets together and talks about the performances of players in the games afterwards.

The first is circumvention of the rules. Just call the games as the rules state. Each ref, make the calls you see in accordance with established officiating procedures. Period.

The second is fan boy stuff. Nothing like talking about players you like and dislike after calling their games. Nothing to see here, right? So if you know the names of the players they like or dislike you could easily see how they called their respective games. That would be fun to know although we probably already know what the results would reveal.

Some folks blow it off as human nature, until their team or child gets screwed over. "They are only human" type stuff we see on here. Officials should be held to higher standards. They are not doing the job for free and it can be done right and fairly for all involved.

One of the sponsors of that one also introduced another alcohol bill for harsher punishment of dui/dwi: “As introduced, lowers the threshold for enhancing the minimum sentence of a person convicted of driving under the influence of an intoxicant, from a blood alcohol concentration of 0.20 percent or more to a blood alcohol concentration of 0.15 percent or more.”

Honestly, DUI/DWI punishments are already way too harsh for 1st time offenders w/no accident involved but pols love to pass these because they're popular. Everyone thinks about the guy with 5 DUIs who finally kills someone as opposed to the guy who had one over the legal limit but was not a real danger on the road or a serious threat to safety but it's those guys (and gals) who get absolutely nailed to the wall with a DUI offense. First time already effects everything from your insurance, ability to drive and work, ability to keep your job, and can be ruinous financially.

Those with multiple offenses should get harsher penalties but 1st offenses shouldn't ruin your life (unless there are other factors involved) given that we have lowered the legal limit to a point where most people wouldn't feel the effects of intoxication. /rant
Have to disagree here. Nobody EVER has any business getting behind the wheel while under the influence. I have no sympathy for anyone who does. There are too many easy ways to avoid it.

The real purpose of these laws is to PREVENT accidents and harm to others, not just punish those who already have harmed. Waiting until after the harm is too late.

The other day on Josh and Swain, I believe, they were giving an example of a Pat Adams call from 20 years ago at Tennessee. A fan screamed, "ref, you suck." Tennessee was bringing the ball down the court, and Pat Adams stared down the fan and called an offensive foul on Tennessee without even looking at the play. They said they have never been able to take him seriously after that.

Pat Adams doesn't care about getting calls right. He likes the attention, good or bad, to be on him. He wants to dictate every game. He always has a point to prove. It's ridiculous the lack of accountability. Officials should be graded, and their job security should depend on the results. Nobody is perfect, but if there were a baseline, PA would not be meeting it.

VN Store

Back