Recruiting Football Talk VII

Fair counterargument, and maybe that’s what Shanahan was thinking, but IMO it’s really really dumb to play for the third possession. You have to survive the first two possessions first, or the third possession never even happens. Congrats to Kyle Shanahan on getting the third possession in OT tonight! That was huge!
His defense had just been on the field for a super long exhausting drive. It was the right call.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
I’m a Titans fan, but they suck. They’re a terrible franchise. Until the front office staff gets out of the way, they’re going to continue being a terrible franchise. And I wouldn’t wish anyone I respected, like JJ, to become a part of the Titan’s roster until they get their crap together.
Not gonna get into it, but it’s a whole new staff and has been restructured…..so now they need players, and JJ would be nice….but he’s under contract anyway.

Not gonna get into it, but it’s a whole new staff and has been restructured…..so now they need players, and JJ would be nice….but he’s under contract anyway.
They have a lot of building to do beforehand. Have to fix the OL. Have to pray Mayo boy works out. (I don't think he does.) They have a ton of needs, and very little draft capital.

His defense had just been on the field for a super long exhausting drive. It was the right call.
Well, it definitely didn’t work, so while I hear the arguments, I’m not sure how anybody can confidently say it was the right call.

And I certainly won’t say that, because I just don’t get it at all. If you possess the ball second, even if you give up a TD to start, you still have a chance to end it with a 2-pt conversion if you don’t want to play a third possession. If you possess the ball first, you set up exactly what just happened… you drive the field but settle on a chip shot FG from inside the 5, and then give Mahomes a drive to win it, where punting is not an option, so you have to stop him on four consecutive downs to win.

VN Store

Back