Recruiting Football Talk VII

It’s definitely a dbag move. But even then, to go become the OC at OSU makes zero sense. Just feels like it came out of left field.
He wanted out, it was his best option available. He's had the best couple seasons UCLA has had in decades, and has beaten USC several times, and boosters and admin were all over his ass.

Game 2 in 30 ish minutes.
48f22402-e20b-4716-9f73-13bedbab1c3b_text.gif

Ohio State would have been a logical team for the NCAA to hit with NIL violations. But they are one of the NCAA favorites who will not be touched.

Does anyone think Ohio State didn't discuss NIL with Carnell Tate before national signing day? And that is only a single -- and hardly the largest -- example.

The un-level playing field that the NCAA deliberately rigs up on a continual basis is disgusting. And it should be the subject of a lawsuit by multiple teams.

The NCAA does know (accidentally! 😂) that UGA made illegal payments to Washington and Mims. Etc. Etc.

They stalled for Michigan for two years as a matter of policy on multiple investigations. The list goes on and on.
Carnell Tate?? Try Jeremiah Smith. The NCAA would try and have us believe that the best high school football player in America (and, maybe, the best WR prospect since Julio Jones) signed with OSU, and not one single word was uttered about NIL. I mean, how many articles and quotes and reports have we seen, stating that the first thing asked about of coaching staffs, by recruits, is NIL; but, a big timer like Smith...OSU must have told him they play fair, and by the rules, and he said, "oh, thats cool...where do i sign".🙄

Then again, it's just a conspiracy theory, according to the smart people around here. None of this is really happening...we've made it all up underneath our "tinfoil hats". OSU, Bama, UGA...they're all on the up and up, nothing shady going on at those places at all; and, the State of Tennessee really isn't in court, fighting to keep us away from "lack of institutional control" because of a plane ride.

That's what gives me comfort at night...knowing that I'm crazy and eat up with conspiracy theories, and none of these of things are really happening to my beloved school, while our bitter rivals get away with murder (literally) and laugh at us. Oh, wait...that's not really happening either, right. Someone might want to tell that to Jamea Harris.

Last edited:
He got the HC pay for several extra months, got to enjoy winter in Los Angelos instead of Columbus, and got to screw a bunch of high schoolers into signing with UCLA before bolting right after signing day.

I mean UCLA might have grounds to sue here imo. It's no coincidence he waited until after signing day and was pulling paychecks knowing he was going to leave... leaving the university high and dry.
UCLA might have grounds to sue? You must be joking.

Has there been anything put out there as to why Chip Kelly is doing this? Tired of being a HC is honestly the only thing I can see as a somewhat reasonable excuse. But even then, it’s February. I feel like that’s a decision you make back in November or December.

Good post.

100% agree finishing is most important. And we'll drop a couple more before the Big Dance. Seeding is whatever.

That said, it's not everything to me. I think it was old Checkerboards that said multiple conference titles and huge regular season wins meant nothing, without a national championship. I don't think you would agree with that either.

Big-time wins over the likes of UK and Bama matter to me regardless of season outcome. Those are great memories (which is really all the totality of sports end up as...). Winning the SEC regular season or tourney would be great memories as well. The losses aren't that big a deal, which I believe is what you were getting at.

The negas that don't understand basketball will pile on (to their very little pile) when we lose a couple more times, while progessing is really the ultimate end-game in basketball.
I would love to win either SEC title...but I think losing to MSU and especially USC at home probably ruined the regular season title chances. I would love to win the SEC tourney...but..that is just a smaller version of the crap shoot that is the Dance....I also just think winning 9-10 straight at the end is tough..6 is plenty hard enough, and if given the choice I would rather go to a FF versus winning the SEC tournament championship.

Saw where Matt Ray interviewed Fazion Brandon. Looked up his HUDL film. You can easily see why this staff prefers him over Curtis. Brandon looks more polished and put up much better numbers.

Ball placement on that first throw was ELITE. Unreal the run of QBs Heup is bringing in, it’s a dream come true.

He hates recruiting
He sure doesn't have to recruit now...OSU is just going to f'n buy everybody they want..I REALLY hope it works out like A&Ms spending spree and they fall flat on their discombobulated face with a locker room full of disgrunts and malcontents....and lazy ass meh-diocre coaches.

Sadly, (if you're talking UNC) they went as far as they could under their own rules. They attempted to push for penalties and LOIC, but lost.

The crux was that UNC offered these sketchy courses to any and all. It wasn't just for SAs. So, no proven special treatment for athletes...wink wink (which is what the NCAA looks at). The NCAA hasn't traditionally regulated the academic rigidty of its member universities. See: Auburn case.

Maybe a smart ploy by UNC...and (contrary to most beliefs) the NCAA not having enough rules to umbrella such a situation. They were caught without the power and jurisdiction.
But isn’t it the same with Tennessee? They didn’t have enough rules to umbrella collectives as boosters with Nico, right?

Reactions: Orange.

VN Store

Back