Recruiting Football Talk VII

Inside Neyland next year, Tennessee could absolutely beat anyone in the country…just my opinion.
Clearly our offensive line and front 7 will be elite

It depends on how good Nico will be and good the WR's are.

Sure looks like Nico will be very good and if history is any indication, our WR troubles were an anomaly last year and we will return to having studs out there.

Offense go vroom.

Last edited:
I could see us taking 3 WRs + 3-4 OL and the lowest rated one not be outside the Top 150 of any recruiting service in 2025.

There are 20 OL in the 247 composite in the top 150 nationally.

Would be rather crazy to get 3-4 of them.

Really, 19. One of them already committed to FSU.

I’m just asking your opinion on who you want to cut. The numbers are the numbers. Believe we’re maxed out.
We're currently at 84, and supposedly max is either 82 or 83 with scholarship sanctions, so the coaches must have some idea that more are leaving in the Spring.

I agree with the bold point. If an offensive player fumbles at the 50 yard line and it rolls out of bounds who gets possession? (the offense at the spot the ball was fumbled)

I don't know why that rule is changed if it's fumbled through the endzone...it's inconsistent, but I also don't mind it because it creates some excitement. Cause if a defender intercepts in the endzone and is tackled they aren't punished with a safety.
Lot's of rulings change when the ball breaks the plane of the goal line. Is it fair to not allow a ball to be stripped from a ball carrier who breaks the plane in the air but is not down by contact? Seen that a million times. But that is the way the rule is written.

If a team A punt goes into and of of team B's endzone it is awarded to team B and goes out to the twenty. Why not a Team A fumble? From that standpoint it is very consistent in that a ball last in possession of team A enters and exits Team B's endzone it is a touchback.

If you go to the return it to the point of fumble solution, TO BE FAIR would you not have to return a fumble on the other end of the field that went in and out the other endzone to the point of fumble and not award a safety? FAIR gets complicated pretty quick.

So in this instance the way it is written, if the impetus of the ball is by team A, whether a scrimmage or kick play, and not in player possession goes into and out of the endzone it is a touchback seems to make the most sense. TO ME ANYWAY.

I don't think Michigan is going to have the same kind of exodus that Alabama did. I'll still take some help if they have guys that hit the portal, but I wouldn't expect the turnover to be too crazy. That goes for staff and players.
Hey Meechigin, you got one of them thar Safetees we could have.?

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back